Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

How's the green up going?

Millsworks

Anyone travel over the Beartooth highway recently? Is most of the snow off and is the greenage looking good yet?
Anyone see any deer that is looking like they have some good antlers starting?
Bet the view is beautiful up there in spring, with the wild flowers blooming.

Greenup?
IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1216.JPG

It's currently worse below timberline than above. I tried to hike to Sylvan lake above East Rosebud last weekend. Hit 4-7 feet of snow at about 8600' on a north timbered slope and got turned back.

Ha,ha,ha...
Heard it was supposed to open memorial day. Looks like it just opened on the 16 of June at 9:00 am.

Guess there might be some grass under there some where!

it opened for the first time this year the weekend of memorial day. But has been closed off and on since then because of storms, nothing out of the ordinary.
The wife and I were planing on heading over it earlier this week but it was shutdown because of conditions.

I remember taking that road 41 years ago with Mom, Dad and two brothers in Dad's pickup. My brother and I road in the back of the truck on an old van bench seat Dad had bolted to the bed, under a canopy. It was 4th of July weekend and they closed the road behind us. We came across a girl who buried the front of her car in a snow bank and had to hand Dad her keys out the window to open the hatch so she could get out.

As a kid from Wisconsin I couldn't believe the mountains could have that kind of snow in July. When I go home to visit I pull out the photo album from that trip and still find it amazing.

Maybe someone can mail some of that white stuff over my way. Was pushing 90 here today in West Virginia.

Any one know of a good estimate of when the green up usually is underway in that area?
Would like to plan a summer trip there next year if I can with my wife.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back