MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Dreamer from MI

Dries

Hey ya'all!! New guy from Michigan here who loves wide open spaces!! I have only been out west three times in my life, bummer right? Unfortunately my work(we run a family business) gets in the way of hunting, but I hope to start getting out that way and start after some Antelope, Mule deer and Elk at some point! Been looking at the forum a long time and finally joined. thanks for having a great community here
Dries

Welcome. Start building points if you want to hunt some less-pressured units in 5-15 years. Otherwise, can usually pick up a tag for pronghorn in WY, elk in CO and elk or deer in ID. WY treats NR about as good as any western state. If have a pile of money to spend then CO, NM, NV and UT have tags you can buy for certain species from landowners.

If you were wanting to have a chance for bighorn sheep or mountain goat then would need to apply in several more states to increase your odds though cumulatively is less than a 50% chance will even draw one ram tag even if apply every year in every western state for the next 40 years. The exception, MT has unlimited ram tags but a tough hunt and season can close after a harvest quota is met. Still, can hunt ram with a tag in your pocket.

Good luck on your future hunts!!

I am a Troll from South West Michigan. There aren't enough dairy cows in the UP for what I do��

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back