Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Scope for Tikka T3 lite .270 WIN

bigdonniebrasco

Literally EVERYTHING I have that pertains to hunting is used! *Even my boots!

This year I turn 50 and I am going to splurge and buy myself a gun... a NEW one!! (unless one of you has a great deal on a used one ;))

I am looking at a Tikka T3 Lite in .270 WIN.

Being in Kansas this gun will be for whitetail around home, Pronghorn once a year, and hopefully one day I'll get my bucket list critters (Muley and Elk)

My question is.... I need glass but I don't know squat about scopes! Is there a decent scope that will cover both the sub-100 yard whitetail shot as well as the 300 yard pronghorn shot....within a blue collar family man budget?

Thanks so much, you guys are always the best resource to dummies like me!!

Don

Leupold VX2 3x9 is as solid a scope as you can get for that caliber & distances.

Same with the VX3i in 2.5x8

You don't need 12X for 350 yards.

Leupold vx 3i 3.5-10x40 w/CDS around $300, or go with the 4.5 x14x40 with CDS for between 4-$500. I have the exact rifle you are looking at. Topped it with the 4.5 x14x40- with the CDS and it's been money on everything from pronghorn to elk.

I know they aren't a sponsor of the site but I've had a Nikon 3-9x40 on a .243 for years and never had an issue. I recently saw them on sale at Cabela's for $89.99. It had their "BDC" reticle on it so maybe that's why it was on sale? I saw about picking another one up.

I have leupold vx2 3x9 on all of my guns and they are a great scope for the money. Schmalts on this site has some good deals,pm him if you would like and he will set you up.

WOW.. that was fast!!

Looks like I'm going shopping for a Leupold VX2 3x9

Thanks guys!!

I'll post once I get the rifle and the glass slapped on!

Leupold 3.5x-10x40mm or 4.5-14x40mm are both great choices and will cover everything you want, or a good Leupold 6x36mm or 6x42mm fixed power scope would be great also. If it was me I personally like the B&C reticle in the variables but they don't have that option for the fixed power, but you can provide the bullet and fps you shoot and Leupold will make a long range scope for the fixed power that has dots for 300, 400, and 500 yards.

Buy/Cry the VX 3i 3.5x10x40...once & done

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of the Redfield Revolution/TAC 3-9x40 for my 270 and so far I'm pretty happy with it. And it's made by Leupold so it's covered by their warranty

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back