Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow Randy, that was a whole 6 minutes.

Boy, pronghorn's looking a little weak, ... but AK Sheep, now that's different!

Is the crew doing a MT spring bear? I never cared much about bear, but watched the whole day by day from last year.

I am really looking forward to the AK sheep hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fin View Post
    Almost hoping Year 15 is not the magical year to draw ID moose.
    Results posted on the 17th last year and the year before....let's hope tomorrow bring good news.
    Four of a kind, 7x57, 284 winchester, 7 Remington Mag, 7 Mashburn.

I can't wait for Utah bison the Alaska sheep will be good as well.

I’d love to learn more about the “how” behind the AK sheep hunt. Are you two leveraging the second-degree-of-kindred provision? I’ll be extremely eager to hear about that trip. A dream for me.

Little light on the pronghorn, but with all the other stuff I can see why. I just love everything about pronghorn especially eating them. Well almost everything, not a big fan of cactus.
    I work so I can hunt

Quote Originally Posted by rmyoung1 View Post
    Id love to learn more about the how behind the AK sheep hunt. Are you two leveraging the second-degree-of-kindred provision? Ill be extremely eager to hear about that trip. A dream for me.
    I've talked about it on the last couple podcasts. An outfitter has offered us an amazing deal since we will film it. I will tell the audience a few things in advance; 1) it is a dream hunt that I will probably never get to do again, 2) that I can only do it with an outfitter under Alaska law, 3) and if they dislike the outfitted aspect I understand if they choose to change the channel.
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

I've talked about it on the last couple podcasts. An outfitter has offered us an amazing deal since we will film it. I will tell the audience a few things in advance; 1) it is a dream hunt that I will probably never get to do again, 2) that I can only do it with an outfitter under Alaska law, 3) and if they dislike the outfitted aspect I understand if they choose to change the channel.
    I'm looking forward to watching the sheep hunt. While I prefer DIY public land hunts, sometimes a hunt is just impossible without using an outfitter due to regulations or other limitations. This is one of those hunts. Good luck on a dream hunt! Hopefully I'll be able to venture up to Alaska someday for a Dall Sheep as well.

Here is the 2018 Board as it stands today.

Red are tags we already have.

Blue are the few remaining apps and we are not sure if they will be apps or just point purchase.

Still waiting on Colorado (deer/elk), Nevada (all species), Idaho (moose), Montana (moose/goat/sheep/pronghorn)

It is often asked why we never end up in Idaho. This shows why. We use Idaho as our long shot option. We already have more than we need to film in a season. It allows us to use ID as the "swing for the fences" state, the results of which are usually a foul ball. If Idaho was earlier in the year, I am sure we would use it more in our strategy. Same with Oregon that had a deadline yesterday, and is very expensive for NRs to justify the investment in a NR license purchase.

Attachment 82829
    I think my wife's antelope hunt would look good on that board..... or possibly my early season deer hunt here in Idaho where I shot the 206" deer, crossing my finger's that i'll draw, I struck out on moose the last 4 years so i'm switching it up.....
    Matt
    2018 BAA World Champion ARCHERY CENTRAL
    Death Harp Bowstrings -- Onestringer arrow wraps
    Facebook Team Slayer<------- Click here
    IDAHO BOWFISHING ASSOCIATION - President

Really looking forward to the alaska sheep hunt. That is defiantly a dream hunt of mine.

I obviously need to catch up on some podcasts. Summer brings road trips so I’ll have to plug in when I hit the road. Incidentally, I think that’s great. I’d love to see you guys hunt sheep. That’s a bucket list thing for me. I’ll be eager to see it. Need any WPAs??? I don’t know anything about cameras, but I know how to stuff things in my MR Marshall and hike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12