What the difference with their vests? (Sitka)

teej89

I'm looking at purchasing a vest for this fall, Sitka has the Mountain Vest or the Kelvin Lite Vest

I compared them to each other on the sitka website and that didn't help me at all... Would someone mind explaining the difference? I'm looking for something compressible to replace wearing a light weight jacket and having to fold/roll it up once the sun comes up and it's too hot.

I'll most likely be using this overtop of a long sleeve shirt for in the mornings/evenings in september. May use it as an under layer w/ my jetstream later in the year as well.

Thanks!
T.J.

Just reading the descriptions it seems like the Kelvin is a down insulated vest while the mountain is a hard shell. I think the Kelvin will be more pack-able is probably what you are looking for.

You'll want the Kelvin...it'll keep you warmer. I have both and throw the Mountain on if it's warmer but windy. Both can fold up nicely though.

awesome thanks for the response guys! Sorry weekend got busy and didn't swing back to this until now. I think I'll end up getting the Kelvin then

Back