Oregon Draw Results for 2017

Joe Hulburt

Should be today! Fingers crossed that one of my boys gets lucky and draws something fun.

Good luck to everyone who put in! Post up some results when they start coming in...

Well, that didn't take long for the bad news to arrive! Nothing here yet and everything but elk has posted..

METOLIUS UNIT rifle buck deer. Me and 399 other of my closest buddies. Likely moving out of the area so wanted to burn the few deer points I had.

Nothing for me but points. Other than a ML cow tag in a marginal unit in WA, I'm batting zero. C'mon Idaho...your my last chance.

Nothing for me except our annual muley hunt in 143. LopeHunter, my folks live in the Metolius Unit. Seems like most fellers hunting that unit never actually leave their trucks. With as early as this year's rifle season is going to be, I bet you'd do well heading up into the high country. Good luck!

I Drew Saddle Mtn 2nd season Rifle elk , but knew I was gonna get that tag as dad had points and we piggybacked on him as group leader , I did apply for Saddle Mtn Elk and Scappoose unit deer premium tag draw but came up empty, was hoping to get lucky and get to be the only guy with a rifle hunting elk in Saddle Mtn In September during the Rut , maybe next year , I just bought a point for deer and antelope , Blacktail OTC for me , I'm really starting to enjoy the challenge of hunting them crafty critters. I did see 4 leagal velvet Blacktail Bucks this past week out scouting , then they disappear in October, :confused:

Backyard elk tag period 1 for me and period 2 for the wife. We only need 1 elk so our chances are good. Point savers for deer and pronghorn. 22 pronghorn pp now.

drew a rifle cow tag and drew a 4th choice wenaha bow deer tag,,,this has been a good year drawing in several states for me,,too many tags and not enough time is a good problem to have.

Just got a call from an old buddy. He AND his wife drew Wenaha archery bull tags from random draw. 2 out of 10 or so random tags that 3,000 people apply for. Unreal odds.

Nothing for me except our annual muley hunt in 143. LopeHunter, my folks live in the Metolius Unit. Seems like most fellers hunting that unit never actually leave their trucks. With as early as this year's rifle season is going to be, I bet you'd do well heading up into the high country. Good luck!

Seems they will be up high or not even yet in the unit then. Oh well, a hike with a gun on the shoulder beats sitting on the couch. Might bivvy in for last 4 days of the hunt since have the gear then again I am sort of retired from full throttle hunting. If I found a decent guide in the unit then would consider that at this point as solo is a bit riskier for us with the gray hair. The guide would need to have a really nice truck though if they plan to road hunt. I am not going to slum it.

Seems they will be up high or not even yet in the unit then. Oh well, a hike with a gun on the shoulder beats sitting on the couch. Might bivvy in for last 4 days of the hunt since have the gear then again I am sort of retired from full throttle hunting. If I found a decent guide in the unit then would consider that at this point as solo is a bit riskier for us with the gray hair. The guide would need to have a really nice truck though if they plan to road hunt. I am not going to slum it.

My middle son had that tag last year. He went over cold turkey and hiked in a couple miles opening weekend. He looked at a bunch of bucks and killed a nice fat 3 point with stickers after a few days. There will be plenty of bucks in the unit when it opens!

With some of the monster trucks I've seen out there, I doubt you'll have to slum it. Might even get yourself a gallon-sized energy drink thrown in. ;)

I'm heading up into the backcountry south of Mt. Jeff this August to fish and do some scouting for future reference (planning to move out that way in the next few years) so I can shoot you a PM with what I see when the time comes, if'n you're interested.

Looks like I used up my 10 pp points for elk. Decided to try my luck on a Rosy. Drew the Powers #2. Does anyone know about that tag. First time hunting Rosy's and hunting in that thick stuff for elk. It will he fun trying though.

Looks like I used up my 10 pp points for elk. Decided to try my luck on a Rosy. Drew the Powers #2. Does anyone know about that tag. First time hunting Rosy's and hunting in that thick stuff for elk. It will he fun trying though.

Congrats on the draw, I'm interested to see how this goes for you. I've been really thinking pretty hard about heading to that country to give rosies a try.

Looks like BOY is heading to the Hood River country with a late rifle buck tag. Sounds like that should be a fun hunt. Wish it were me...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back