Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Maine Moose Draw

Crossbowguy

Maine Moose Draw is in a couple of days and a couple friends of mine put my dads in as their sub-permit person, so I'm praying they get picked so he can go on the hunt of a lifetime for him!!!! Would make a heck of a fathers day gift, other than me taking him fishing out to one of the lakes.

I have hung up Maine draw after several years. The odds are out the roof up there with the ten pack purchase deal.

Good luck! Just points for me this year.

If he ends up drawing any of those northern units, let me know and I'll see if I can help any.

Crossbowguy hope your dad gets lucky, that would be an awesome hunt for him.I have been in the draw since the start with 71 or so points I you would think my chance would be somewhat better.

I hope someone gets lucky. Just food for thought last year there where around 190 bull moose permits available to non residents in Maine. Over 13,000 applicants and with the multiple purchase options available to non residents over 300,000 chances purchased. Bottom line take your money put in for breaks sheep much much better odds.
Somehow I managed to draw a cow tag on the reserve list my very first year I applied. Got me hooked until this year I dropped out and planned a Newfie hunt.

I have 8 or 9 points for New Hampshire but I am not sure if I will ever draw. I don't want to give up on it but it sounds like the herd is having issues and they are issuing less and less permits each year.

Yahoo,was finaly lucky in the Maine bull moose draw after applying since 1998.Dont know which unit yet but applied for all northern units Sept & oct.. Was not sure if I would live long enough.Sorry for those that didn't draw.

Wow! Congrats. I didn't expect a nonres on hunttalk to actually draw.

I just checked and I drew the Sept. hunt in zone 6 ,don't know if this is a good zone maybe someone here knows something about it. Thanks buckbull

Congrats you beat some tough odds. Never hunted 6 I drew 13 which was a tough unit. Looking at 6 and number of permits finding a moose shouldn't be to hard my guess. 125 bull tags should be plenty around. You will have a great time and enjoy.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back