PEAX Equipment

muskox game meat

rlmmatt

So I'm thinking about adding a muskox to a guided caribou trip I've been planning for. I asked the guide what size coolers to bring and suggested logistics on bringing the meat back and he told me that bull muskox during the rut was only good for dog food. Anyone ever had the meat should I plan on a winter hunt instead I hate killing something and not being able to eat it but I know boars here in Florida are considered trash as well.
Thanks for all the input

I had it in plain burger and thought it was fantastic, like bear and lamb had an illegitimate child. Anytime someone tells me you can't eat a specific meat all I hear is "don't eat at their house"

I defiantly was going g to bring some back to try it but I'd hate to bring all that back on a plane to Find out it was horrible but I'd kick myself if I found out is was excellent and I didn't bring it home

I shot mine in the late winter and it was very good...mild, fairly tender and was from a B&C bull. I brought the hinds, backstraps, tloins, home. I left the rib cage and fronts with the natives. If I were to do it again, I would bring all of it back.

My buddy that I went with has taken 3 of them, he said the very best was a bull he shot in September.

I would plan on bringing it back for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back