Yeti GOBOX Collection

330 Goat

Elkwhisper

Not new to the forum.... not new to goat hunting..... actually have hunted the area I drew several times for other critters and helped out another goat hunter in there.. and I have lots of friends lined up to help already.. Know what gun I'm gonna use... have all the gear I need.... . and don't need your secret spot :cool:

All that said, I am pretty excited to be going goat hunting again. I thought I would NEVER draw a decent tag in my home state, but it looks like it is going to be a long sweaty summer looking for the right Billy!

I spend way too much time in hotels for work, and will likely burn up my monitor with the obligatory cyber scouting, but can't wait to get some boots on the ground and glass on the hill.

I have a pretty good idea of where to start looking... but if anyone with experience in that unit feels like sharing, I will clean out my inbox to make room !

Congrats to all who drew, and better luck next year to those that didn't!

Congrats on the great tag. Not the usual post we see after draw day. Can't wait to read the story this fall. I will have to live my goat hunts through lucky hunters like you until my name pops through some day.

Congrats on the tag, I drew it in 2013 and spent 20+ days and nights in the unit and my uncle drew it in 2014. I would hunt mountain goat over any game animal on earth. Sounds like you already have a good plan I would bet some good hard miles scouting and you will find the one you want. If you have troubles pm me, and I can tell you what I learned about the unit. I must admit I envy you, but I have the chance to hunt with a buddy that drew the unit south of you. Looks like we will both be having a good fall in goat country! Best of luck, post up some picks of scouting/hunt I know it will bring some fond memories back to me.

Cool for you Elkwhisper. You and I have a lot in common. Outside sales is a lonely, thankless, wind shield timed job. There are perks. No time card, open roads, and Google earth time galor!!!!

Good luck on the hunt. Thanks for taking us along.

Welcome to the forum!!

Ha ha, just kidding but had to get that in there.

Congrats on the tag, I'm sure you'll do it proud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back