The verdict is in on Zinke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this one work for ya. http://www.americanll.com/ Retirees keeping the peace, keeping toilet nice, and collecting fees. Another excellent Utah solution.
Yes, it does work for me; and there are quite a number of private campground management companies that do work efficiently and effectively. I just wanted to point out that Xanterra isn't structured or similarly business oriented. Xanterra is very different from what you suggest for most public campgrounds.

The primary reason the government is not fiscally efficient in the same way is that you and I keep electing congressmen and women who pile on the accountability, regulatory, and other requirements not imposed on private companies ... and then underfund, expecting the governmental agencies to do more with less.

I don't support privatization but acknowledge it does exist and there are examples of efficient and effective private companies. However, I would much rather see Congress adequately fund and support the responsible federal agency managing and operating campgrounds on federal public lands. There is no contradiction there ... but it's certainly okay for you to move on with whatever conclusion and opinion conjured up in your mind.

Privatization has been in effect for ages. Colter Bay Village in the Grand Teton National Park is a prime example of American economics working hand-in-hand with the federal stewardship of our public lands.
As a young buck, I had the opportunity to work for the Grand Teton Lodge company. I was what they labeled as a Wrangler and lived on the premises of Colter Bay Village. Intertwined with our national park system, it was an amazing part of my life as well as every guest that crossed through that part of our National Parks. The experiences guest left with was one of true beauty and value our National Parks have to offer. People from around the world immensely valued our national parks because of the quality opportunities the campgrounds, cabins, lodging, boat rental service, horse riding, etc, etc, etc, had to offer them.

Sometimes we lose sight of what makes America great. This is a prime example of private companies working hand-in-hand with representing our national parks to the world. Federal stewardship utilizing America's private business for the benefit of both I believe is incredibly valuable.

I like Zinke.
And why do some people end their posts with "Cheers"??? Are you British?...If you ended with "eh" I'd think you were Canadian...but "Cheers"...got to be British.

Maybe it's because you have to have a few to swallow all the BS coming from this administration.

When I first heard the news at 6 this morning I wondered how long before someone posted a dumb ass comment on this hunt talk forum - not long, congrats 58.

"Defenders of the short-sighted men who in their greed and selfishness will, if permitted, rob our country of half its charm by their reckless extermination of all useful and beautiful wild things sometimes seek to champion them by saying the ‘the game belongs to the people.’ So it does; and not merely to the people now alive, but to the unborn people. The ‘greatest good for the greatest number’ applies to the number within the womb of time, compared to which those now alive form but an insignificant fraction. Our duty to the whole, including the unborn generations, bids us restrain an unprincipled present-day minority from wasting the heritage of these unborn generations. The movement for the conservation of wild life and the larger movement for the conservation of all our natural resources are essentially democratic in spirit, purpose, and method.”

-Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited:
That TR quote pretty well sums up the frustration/outrage of arguing about why conserving our wild places is vital. Thanks dannyb.

Where I do it, about $600-800 per guy when split among four guys, but depends upon how many elk you have to haul out.

So the helicopter cost is about $2400-$3200, more if you're hauling more elk out. What is spent per guy just for the helicopter is about what I spend total on tags.

I guess it's all about your priorities and what your perspective is determining expensive.

Sytes, best of luck on your debate.

Airlock, properly funded=blank check, or is there accountability and over site?

Yes being honest about the radical left that is worshiped here is not popular.

Not all that intelligent either, unless of course you can legitimately object the dots between not liking the Trump administration and being a Communist.

Good luck with that.

Airlock, properly funded=blank check, or is there accountability and over site?

The accountability and over-site should be done by elected officials...and their appointees that they hand pick to lead the DOI, USDA, etc. etc.

You know, actually do their jobs.

The accountability and over-site should be done by elected officials...and their appointees that they hand pick to lead the DOI, USDA, etc. etc.

You know, actually do their jobs.

Sumbitch, that's just crazy talk......:)

They can't, it's all the DC Insiders who get in their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back