Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HD 331-50 (Ruby) Either Sex Moose Permit

We hunted the week before that for archery elk in that area and we saw about a dozen moose including at least 2 bulls. Nothing huge, but moose just the same. Congrats on a nice bull and be ever so thankful that moose didn't require a 2 mile pack out! An elk is big enough.

Very cool! We were in that area and saw several moose, as well as a few moose hunters...
I wish we woulda run into you two gents and got to say 'hello'.
Congrats on some great memories!!

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster, with a 331-50 tag in my pocket this year.

I know I'm going against better judgement with my first post seeking information on a hunt, admittedly I'm just not much of a forum guy.

With the season coming up I'm just covering all my bases in trying to gather information on anything and everything I can in regards to this hunt. I have been down scouting in the area three times earlier this summer and chatted with the biologist for the district on a couple occasions. Not many moose were seen as expected given the temperatures we were seeing and mostly just driving and glassing from the truck. I haven't been down in the area for about the last month as we just welcomed our first child into the world on Tuesday so staying closer to home leading up to that was advised.

My current plan is to hunt 9/15-9/19 and 9/25-10/3...definitely hoping to fill the tag prior to general season starting.

If anyone would be willing to share any information that may be a little more current than this thread (full of good info!) on here or via PM I would be absolutely grateful. At the least, I will be sure to post an update here or in the moose thread.

Thanks!

Back