California Draw

805Bowhunter

Anybody pull anything crazy?

Got blanked across the board...had extra hope for Bighorn and Tule...not this year...again

I was hoping that 6 points would've been enough for an archery antelope but it wasn't, Maybe next year. I'm eventually going to cash in on the now 15 elk points...I hope

Without max for elk it's a lifetime of banking in the random.

But it can happen. Back in 2005 I missed the CA draw. First and only time I've missed the draw. I was so mad at myself for losing my place in the maximum point pool. Following year in '06 I drew the East Park Reservoir Bull tag.

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 197
No luck on tags, I have the lifetime license though as well as my wife so I'll have a d6 tag soon and 5 pig tags. Anyone know of any public land someone can hunt for pigs? Never hunted them due to lack of access and California knowledge on pigs.

Nothing for me. My son drew J-10 FHL either sex youth. Pretty excited about that. Never been there except when I was actually in the military. If anyone has any advice, It would be much appreciated. Thanks and good luck!

It can happen. Been putting in for an elk tag here in Cali for almost 25 years before the point system and having max points up til now. Drew a Grizzly Island bull tag this year. 1st time I've put in for that hunt though. Always put in for Owens valley area previously. And I'm just your average Hunter/Fisherman and got drawn! Keep putting in guys, you never know! :cool::cool:

Kh1721,
That is a great hunt your son drew. I had a student draw that tag last year and they got a freaking bomber buck. There are lots of deer. Everything at FHL is online now which makes it really easy actually. You just check in to the open unit on the app and you are good to go. I believe for that hunt they make you do a small orientation. They are everywhere though so you shouldn't have any problem finding them. Am out there quite a bit and I can't tell you the last time I was out there and didn't see a buck. Not sure where you live but if you can get there a few times to get the lay of the land/do some scouting, it will help (isn't necessary though).

Back