Fall Baiting???

NV_ARCH3R

Just finished my 2nd spot and stalk Idaho bear hunt. Only saw one bear (still learning the ropes) though I was assured by other bear hunters and the local rancher there are plenty of bears in the area. Though it's not a high density population. Is fall baiting a worthy option? I have family in the area that could start a bait site for me.

Bait the same areas? Place baits in higher country? Do you use the same types of bait between spring and fall?

I've been researching bait barrel construction, I'm leaning more of a trickle set up as frequent visiting and replenishing the bait will be difficult. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

My experience is I use same bait and same spots. I found you need to wait till after the berries are done for the year. Remember I hunt in the SK Forest we don't have any elevation there. Rolling hills swamps and thick thick bush. As for the barrel I have always use like a 4X6" hole. This up coming spring i will be trying a barrel with a hole the diameter of a pop can. Should slow down how much food they eat and not allow them to rip out the beaver carcass and cary it off into the bush

Did you check the regs? Bear baiting isn't allowed here in the fall.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back