Yeti GOBOX Collection

CO Unit 62

HUNT JR

Hey guys, i drew a 3rd season unit 62 Colorado deer tag. anyone have any good information?

Had the tag last year.You won't have trouble finding deer.I was given some advise from guys on here on spots.I'll let them chime in just in case they drew the tag.

Mixedbag - I closed out some pm's. I didn't know that would block activity, thanks for letting me know. Preston

I hunted 62 for 3rd season last year - picked up a returned tag. I hunted the south end near Simms Mesa and Government Springs. A bunch of deer had already moved to private down low. I saw a lot of deer and ended up shooting a decent 4x4 the 2nd weekend. I saw one really nice buck but couldn't pull it off. There were a lot more hunters than I expected.

10 messages in 4 years, most of them bumping this thread. I'm impressed! For your vast contribution to this forum I will award you with one spot that I always see deer in 62. Tough to get permission though!

38.442998857261514, -107.8765414730903

10 messages in 4 years, most of them bumping this thread. I'm impressed! For your vast contribution to this forum I will award you with one spot that I always see deer in 62. Tough to get permission though!

38.442998857261514, -107.8765414730903
Thank you sir, it is really nice to see that you needed to take the time to type such a great reply instead of just passing by the thread as you didn’t have anything good to add.
I’m well aware that forum members are hesitant to give info to a low posting member. It doesn’t hurt to ask, even if I end up with no responses. I ended up getting decent feedback on the original post. And I had fewer messages then 😉

1111201703c.jpg
Unit 62 buck that made it through 3rd season last year, don't know about 4th. Pretty sweet magnum 3 point with a cheater. 30 yards closer and he would have been carrying my tag, but the public/private fence saved him.

In 2017 I drew 3 tags and did not have the time to hunt them all. This one was the easiest to return and so I did. I kept collecting points and cashed them in this year with the late dates. It seems to me that a fair number of people hunt the lower country by the private.

I would think that in November that the deer in that type of country would still be up in the transition range running north off the top of the plateau. CO shows winter range in these areas. It looks to me that its a lot thicker up there though.

Many 3rd season tag holders find success hunting the public land above the alfalfa.

That would drive me crazy in about 2 hours, so I'd go high.

Back