MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

300 wsm winchester Ew

Cashris

Hi guys im having a bit of trouble with the extream weather, i realy want to run 180gr projectiles through it but im not getting good groups (2 moa at best at 100).

Just wondering what people are using in this same combo?
I have a bottle of win 760 sitting here wich im going to try next week with 180gr balistic tips.

Im limited to using factory loads or adi powders or winchester powders as australia is a little limited in its selection.

I have a 7mm WSM and I've had good luck with win 760. Of course I'm only shooting 140 grain bullets.

4350, give it a try. Works on 180 accubonds through our 70 .

H4350 is where I'd start.

So here are a few questions about your reloading process and rifle for you to consider...are you using the same brand brass for all loads? How are you weighing the charge? Have you adjusted seating depth (how far off the lands are you with the bullet)? How long are you waiting between shots when developing loads? My Savage 300WSM will shoot 2 bullets in a ragged hole but the 3rd will be 1-2 inches off if I don't go slow. When was the last time you cleaned your rifle (this may or may not be important)? Is the barrel free floated?

My Dad has had great success with RL19, IMR 4831 and N550 out of his .300WSM with 180 Gr Partitions or Accubonds. I have had fantastic performance out of H4350 in my .325WSM. I think any of those would be fine options.

Hi guys im having a bit of trouble with the extream weather, i realy want to run 180gr projectiles through it but im not getting good groups (2 moa at best at 100).

Im limited to using factory loads or adi powders or winchester powders as australia is a little limited in its selection.

What results did you get with the factory loads ?

I've had great luck with 68gr imr 4831 with 178 eldx out of my howa 1500 300wsm 3/4 " groups at 100

H4350 is where I'd start.

So here are a few questions about your reloading process and rifle for you to consider...are you using the same brand brass for all loads? How are you weighing the charge? Have you adjusted seating depth (how far off the lands are you with the bullet)? How long are you waiting between shots when developing loads? My Savage 300WSM will shoot 2 bullets in a ragged hole but the 3rd will be 1-2 inches off if I don't go slow. When was the last time you cleaned your rifle (this may or may not be important)? Is the barrel free floated?

All my brass is new norma, each charge is weighed and i dont let the barrel get hot. The only thing different i have done with this rifle compared to my tikka is im seating the 300 to the coal legth that nosler give.

I've had good luck with 180 grn barnes tsx and RL 17 and 19, as well as Ramshot Hunter. The 165s also shoot well. I've run most of these just under mag length.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back