Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ziinke - Friend or Foe?

mfb99

Zinke rides a horse and wears a big cowboy hat, but does he protect our Public Lands?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/06/investing/oil-lobby-trump-hotel-api/index.html

From what I have seen; so far it does not look good.

I guess on the positive side, we could have gotten a guy who was 100% committed to destroying our environment and wears an Armani Suit..........oh, who might that be?

Our lands do not belong to Peabody Coal, they do not belong to Exxon, they do not belong to some big commercial cattle company. They belong to us, the American people.

Dig in and fight for our Public Lands.........

Mark

By unpopular consideration from the vocal few here, I find him a, "friend".

Why? Face it... Dems bit it hard! They failed to represent their constituents... Not trying to boil any Ds blood though the facts are the facts. Legislative and Executive branches are solid R controlled. That means they get their pick of the litter.

With that said, there may be one or two better choices considering the political setting. Of the choices, there are many far worse! Chaffetz, Bishop as an example. So, Zinke = "friend"? Yes, in my opinion.

Can anyone here say that they don't use any of our natural resources? I can't.

As someone who uses those resources, and as someone who owns the land that private companies are making billions off of, I get to do the following:

Demand an honest rate for the lease on those lands.

Demand that the land be left better than when it was found.

Demand that wildlife that use the same area are taken care of, as opposed to simply letting companies do whatever they want (i.e. Pinedale)

Demand that one use does not take precedent over the other uses, especially when that one use nullifies all other economic activities.

Demand that the people who profit off of my land don't walk away and leave a mess.

As for Zinke, he's no friend, but he's no enemy either. He is simply an extension of the oval office, and clearly has not much of an idea of what he's supposed to be doing. Since he took over, he's threatened the budgets of every game agency by shutting down distribution of PR/DJ funds, eliminate key local voices in decision making by eliminating Resource Advisory Councils, failed to fill his staff positions at all, let alone with SFW lackeys like he just did for USFWS or the O&G industry as he did at BLM, etc.

Is he better than others? Sure. He's no TR though, however much he tries to photo-bomb that legacy.

He is simply an extension of the oval office

..an oval office deemed less odious by the citizenry of the Great State of Montana and all of it's bordering Great States than the alternative. If you wish to live under California pol'emics....move to Colorado.

..an oval office deemed less odious by the citizenry of the Great State of Montana and all of it's bordering Great States than the alternative. If you wish to live under California pol'emics....move to Colorado.

If Texans abided by this, y'all still would be flying the Mexican flag, right?

Guns, awesome hunting, hiking & fishing & single payer?

You got a problem with that, eh? :)

Less pedestrian: Your suggestion relates ostensibly to "suck it up, he won." Fair point. My counter is this: the great experiment that is America is under assault by people who are using the organs of governance for their own personal gain at level that previosuly had never been seen. Mostly because the past administrations were sensible enough to do their dirty deals behind closed doors, under the rules of decorum for selling your country out to gain personal wealth (It's not in the pocket constitution).

Zinke is not acting how he promised, plain and simple. Eliminating RAC's elimiates local control of public land. Stopping PR funds to "look at the program" indicates a high level of unfamiliarity with the program he is tasked with running and it hurts those he promised to champion: Hunters & Anglers. Zinke also has yet to actually listen to people who have been working on public lands issues for generations, both conservative and progressive, and instead is simply following the Heritage Foundation Playbook, and to a slightly lesser extent, the UT playbook. Transfer of public lands is a boogey man - the real prize is how public lands are managed. Why transfer when the SOI gives you everything you ask for?

In the 4 months since administrations have changed, Public Lands have been assaulted mercilessly both in broad daylight and behind the scenes. Whether that assault is buttressed by incompetence and willful ignorance is how we find out if the changes will stick.

America, and especially public land issues, deserve honest discourse about how we use them. We got that in much finer fashion with every past administration, Reagan and Bush II included, than we have seen in the 4 months since these people took office. We're still waiting on a USFWS director, BLM director, etc because Trump can't stop tweeting or playing golf to simply do his job and appoint these people.

Less pedestrian for you, mighty warrior poet of the Texas plains?

;)

Clinton Network News.....worthy, but yes, less pedestrian o' subjective one.;)

Now suck it up and convince your neighbors.

I took May off. Suited up & ready to kick some tail.

Come with. Could use your help. ;)

This is such a strawman argument. Just because we use natural resources doesn't mean we need to obtain them with such disregard for the impacts caused by extracting them. It would also be nice if our energy independence policy wasn't using up all are own resources as fast as we can. Gas was over $4 under Bush. There isn't a lot of need to push the price down further by increasing the oversupply.

rg

And as I said months ago, Zinke doesn't give a crap about what we on this board value. He will do what he thinks will advance him the most. Given the popularity of the public lands issue in MT it wouldn't surprise me if he resigns next year in "protest" of these public land policies and use it as a springboard to take on Tester.

rg

Last winter on a cold windless night one of the hipster bars in SLC announced they were 100% renewable energy. When I asked "is solar or wind providing the energy right now"? Oh we buy carbon credits was the answer. Somewhere a turbine powered by coal, gas or hydro was spinning.

Good old "rape & pillage" apologists can only "pretend" to support wildlife and the wild places they need to survive. Their reality is a dark, barren place where nature has been driven from the land.

Back