Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Public Land Fight - Headline on the digital version of the Guardian

mfb99

The Guardian has some good reading on their front page https://www.theguardian.com/us

Of interest is the section that names the Five Republicans who are trying their best to take away our Public Lands:

1) Jason Chaffetz - Utah
2) Rob Bishop - Utah
3) Lisa Murkowski - Alaska
4) Don Young - Alaska
5) Mark Amodei -Nevada

All these folks are selling out to the mining and oil interests and trying to take away OUR Public Lands.

A note of interest, in one of the articles, they ask a rancher if they knew that their own representative was trying to take away their public land - they had no idea that they were. This is why it is so important to make this issue visible and hold those who are driving this harmful movement accountable.

Pick up your pen, grab your phone, bang on your keyboard and make a difference in this fight!

To call anyone in congress dial 202-224-3121

Last edited:
Read it around 4:30 this morn,good write up.
I hear ya on the locals not knowing what the local Rep.s are up too.These folks seem to think they will just get the land they lease,or get 1st dibs.....LOL

The Guardian is going to make this into a series on the Public Land fight. It is called "This Land Is Your Land"

They have set a goal of raising $100K for this series and are already at $68K

I encourage giving to this cause, even if it is a small amount. Don't think right wing or left wing - think save OUR Public Lands.

Cheers

Mark

Elliot Woods is a great guy. I got a sneak peak of his piece over coffee a couple weeks ago. An insightful guy who can put complicated topics to words that are easier to understand. Should be interesting to see where Guardian goes with this.

BF, I think in total it will say ,"Be greatfull for what you Americans have",our public lands.
I heard this almost daily at work for 20 yrs.....as a Park Ranger. Euro's were always amazed at our public lands.
Hell, anyone not American was.

BF, I think in total it will say ,"Be greatfull for what you Americans have",our public lands.
I heard this almost daily at work for 20 yrs.....as a Park Ranger. Euro's were always amazed at our public lands.
Hell, anyone not American was.
When we were in Montana last year hiking around the Gallatin during the summer we ran into a couple from Ireland who went to school not far from where I grew up in upstate NY. Anyway, they come back to hike public land every summer. Rent a house and a rental car for the summer for hiking around the west.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back