Idaho Controlled Hunts

Does Idaho have archery hunts that start in August like Wyoming?

I still can't believe, that this day and age, with all the technology we have, that hunters are still expected to find out about an August hunt in July. Makes it hard for the average working guy with his name on his shirt to get time off, make arrangements for travel etc.

I mean California is the most anti-hunting state in the union, and even with their size population, they turn their draw around in two weeks for all species. Surprises me that states like Idaho/Wyoming haven't had a major push to change their draw dates.

I agree that the wait time doesn't quite add up. Who knows... Maybe it their hat tip to the old days to keep pressure down in an effort to improve overall quality...

Does Idaho have archery hunts that start in August like Wyoming?

I still can't believe, that this day and age, with all the technology we have, that hunters are still expected to find out about an August hunt in July.

I agree for sure, you'd think it would be the click of a button. Luckily we have very few hunts that start in August.

I think part of what takes time is sorting out paper apps, checks, and sorting through apps of people that weren't eligible in the first place.

Remember we simplified the process this year by paying a private contractor to run the draw. How could we justify the 1 million dollar bill if it was done quickly.

IIRC, the last couple of years we did not have the results until 4th of July Weekend. Ever since the debacle where certain parents couldn't comprehend the regs and a bunch of 10 and 11 year olds drew tags when they weren't even supposed to be allowed to put in for yet.

IIRC, the last couple of years we did not have the results until 4th of July Weekend. Ever since the debacle where certain parents couldn't comprehend the regs and a bunch of 10 and 11 year olds drew tags when they weren't even supposed to be allowed to put in for yet.

Don't you dare say that!
Oh well with a 140% chance it is just a technically perhaps I should just call and ask them what tag they plan to give me.

They could probably quicken things up significantly by going to all electronic apps, no paper.

That being said, I have heard the office is saying the party line of you will have them by July 10th.

So I would expect they are not coming anytime soon.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back