Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho Controlled Hunts

6speed

Now that everyone's Idaho apps are in (hopefully, it closed yesterday) the countdown to the IDF&G website freezing up can begin. I'm hoping for 5 tags and planning on the one unlimited I put in for.

They still had the "Apply Here" option up this morning when I looked. What's the typical time frame for results to be released.

Usually results are out before the end of June. I'm confident I'll draw another extra doe tag and hoping a couple family members have some luck.

My odds,

deer- 30%
Elk- 7%
Lope 45%

Wife odds,

Deer- 6%
Elk- 17%
Lope- 35%

So 140% chance we will get a tag!

Put my wife, daughter, son and myself in for Deer, Elk and Antelope - all but one of the hunts are less than 5% draw odds. Hope one of us hits a home run!

Yeah I fired off some low odds stuff too and figured I could hunt a general tag if time permits this fall. I'd really like to start hunting over there regularly, but just haven't done it for some reason.

I had to laugh as I got an e-mail the other day from Eastman's proclaiming their top Idaho deer units and see that one of their top 2 or 3 was like 98% private land. WTF are they smoking over there? They send that recommendation to their readers who are 98% public hunters? At least the ads are interesting in the magazine most of the time except for the one for the custom rifles that has had a blatant spelling error in it for the last 6 volumes. Their MRS is trash.

Sorry - back on track with hopes of Idaho tags for the HT'ers.

My guess for results is a Monday at about 4:45 PM. Maybe the 26th

No love in the MSG drawings.... so I was out for the regular draw, But I got my daughter and wife in for some tags, hopefully somebody draws one, if not oh well, another year on general tags. Been doing that for awhile now...
Matt

General for me also, seeing as how it was nada for moose. But, on a positive my brother just received his moose tag in the mail this morning!

Been rough so far, haven't drawn nothing but a bigger balance on my CC. Myself and GF have 2 Deer apps and 1 Elk. Got around 14% between the 3. I like your chances way better em. Whatever happens we'll be heading to canyon country in the Fall. Good luck to everyone!!!

I'm a newbie to big game hunting and put in my first draw application this year. How or where do I see the drawing odds? Is there a good place to go to better understand how the draw works and to maximize my results? This year I put in for Deer, Elk, and Lope all archery. TIA - Heff

I'm a newbie to big game hunting and put in my first draw application this year. How or where do I see the drawing odds? Is there a good place to go to better understand how the draw works and to maximize my results? This year I put in for Deer, Elk, and Lope all archery. TIA - Heff

Idaho's website has a link to all the draw odds from the hunting page.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back