Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Broadheads

Thanks AE10, I got a slick trick head from a family member and ordered 1 drt to try. Would like to try shuttle t also. I will say I put a solid broad head on yesterday to see the flight and at 40 yards hit right on and at 66yards (All I could get without going in neighbors yard) hit dead on. Started thinking ill keep the solids and use them until it comes time to get new broadheads. I just can't see spending 120$ for 3 broadheads!

I have been shooting slick trick with my compound and VPA with my trad bows. I enjoy sharpening a head that can get good and sharp at times... Plus the ability to get many heavier head weights for trad makes VPA a go to for me.

Slicks are razor sharp, fly well, and hit like a hammer. I am shooting the 125gr magnums and have no reason to consider anything else.

I know many guys who go through a bunch of heads. They never seem to find the right head. However they never consider bow tuning, shaft dynamics, etc. they g]can get decent groups out of field points, but a broad head makes it get squrriely. The last thing to worry about is the head after the bow is in perfect tune and you have a good arrow etc.

I have a great tuner at my local shop. As a result I shoot muzzy 125 3 blades cheap, solid and deadly. Asways fun to take a couple practice shots with my <$10 heads and have them fly better that a head 3-4 times more...

Thanks AE10, I got a slick trick head from a family member and ordered 1 drt to try. Would like to try shuttle t also. I will say I put a solid broad head on yesterday to see the flight and at 40 yards hit right on and at 66yards (All I could get without going in neighbors yard) hit dead on. Started thinking ill keep the solids and use them until it comes time to get new broadheads. I just can't see spending 120$ for 3 broadheads!

Solid broadheads are awesome and very accurate. They have field tip accuracy out to 60 yards for me, probably father. They have gone up way up in price since I made the switch 3 years ago. was using rage extremes with good results but after having a screw fall out of one I decided I wanted to get away from the expendables. you can really feel the quality of the Solids compared to others heads. My Dad loves his QAD Exodus as well. they are really nice too

I switched from Shuttle T's to Slick Trick magnums because they flew better out of my bow. I'm getting a new bow, so I'll try both heads and see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back