Midwest BHA Group??

BHA has both regional (multi-state) and state chapters. It depends on the level of support locally. Give Ty Stubblefield at BHA HQ in Missoula another call and email. Have some patience. He is a victim of his own success! And it's hunting season. When we started BHA we thought of it initially as a regional organization. However, it has become evident that it has struck a chord nationwide. Thanks for the support and keep up the great work.

Why interest in BHA over organizations like RMEF or MDF?
RMEF is already established here and has a chapter. MDF is a non-player for most folks here as they've never heard of them; as well as the limited interest in MD. BHA's mission has appeal due to local relevance. All of the state's listed in the post you quoted have USFS, USFWS, and other federal lands within them. Not as much on either an acreage or percentage scale as western states, but enough to make management/access important.

RMEF is already established here and has a chapter. MDF is a non-player for most folks here as they've never heard of them; as well as the limited interest in MD. BHA's mission has appeal due to local relevance. All of the state's listed in the post you quoted have USFS, USFWS, and other federal lands within them. Not as much on either an acreage or percentage scale as western states, but enough to make management/access important.

I had to look up MDF myself.

New guy here from Kentucky who's had similar thoughts. Anybody get anywhere with this?

If regional, I'd propose an Ohio Valley Chapter. People here tend to suffer an identity crisis and get hung up on the whole Upper South versus Midwest/Great Lakes thing.

Missouri has a chapter in the works. You might want reach out to BHA and find out how many members there are in KY. The magic number to get a chapter going is 100. I’d imagine KY is probably getting pretty close.

Seeing how I'm in Northern Illinois and our public land in my part of the state is little no none I would love to see a Midwest BHA chapter to help work on the public access issues we have.

We're well on our way in Ohio. We had our first pint night back in September and have two more scheduled. One February 17th in Athens and another the same weekend as the Deer and Turkey Expo in Cbus. We've got a lot of things on the books to work on like drilling in Wayne National, collegiate programs, and of course public access. Best way to see what we're doing for right now is checkout the FB page. Ohio Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.

We're well on our way in Ohio. We had our first pint night back in September and have two more scheduled. One February 17th in Athens and another the same weekend as the Deer and Turkey Expo in Cbus. We've got a lot of things on the books to work on like drilling in Wayne National, collegiate programs, and of course public access. Best way to see what we're doing for right now is checkout the FB page. Ohio Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.

Well done!

I think the biggest issue with getting one up and going here in Indiana and the surrounding states is our lack of public lands. Most everyone around hunts private land so getting involvement would be tough. I would be all for it, and glad to see Ohio is up and going. I hunt my public lands out West and wouldn't mind going out to one of the BHA events to help support what they do out there.

I couldn't make it to first one because I was in Colorado elk hunting. From the pictures looks to be around 20-30 people showed up. That was pretty good considering it was put together on short notice. I'd expect the one during Deer & Turkey to be much bigger.

I encourage you Illinois guys to attend that event. We held our first MO Pint Night last Thursday and had a couple folks from Illinois cross the river.

I encourage you Illinois guys to attend that event. We held our first MO Pint Night last Thursday and had a couple folks from Illinois cross the river.

I am sorry I could not attend, it was about a 3 hour round trip to St. Charles, perhaps the next one could be a bit further South into the STL metro area. Hope the turnout was good.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back