Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Midwest BHA Group??

To revive this discussion, but refocus on Indiana, did anyone respond to the call out for a new BHA chapter in the Hoosier state? I was hesitant to offer to be in a leadership role because I'm knee deep in things are work. Just curious if someone did step up, and looking forward to a pint night somewhere close.

To revive this discussion, but refocus on Indiana, did anyone respond to the call out for a new BHA chapter in the Hoosier state? I was hesitant to offer to be in a leadership role because I'm knee deep in things are work. Just curious if someone did step up, and looking forward to a pint night somewhere close.

I responded and received an email saying to expect an invite to a conference call but haven't heard anything since.

Just keep an eye on your email.
We just went through this process in Kentucky and have established the executives and board. We are now starting to plan events and working toward becoming an official chapter.

It is hunting season so be patient.
I encourage you to get involved.

I sent an email and with some interest, concerns, and questions but received no response.

Illinois's chapter is getting off the ground right now. I'm on the BoD and we're probably going to be official in April, but there's a chance it'll happen before then. If you're an area member keep an eye on your email and Instagram and Facebook for announcements about upcoming pint nights and other events. Exciting stuff happening!

Just keep an eye on your email.
We just went through this process in Kentucky and have established the executives and board. We are now starting to plan events and working toward becoming an official chapter.

It is hunting season so be patient.
I encourage you to get involved.

How long did the process take?

In North Dakota we formed the BOD and voted in Executives on the first conference call with Ty. That was November of 2017. We were approved as an official chapter at the Rendezvous by the National BHA Board in April of 2018. It’s my understanding that is the one time of year all new chapters are up for approval.

In that amount of time we had hosted several pint nights throughout the state, written our letter of intent/mission statement, and significantly increased our membership numbers. With a motivated BOD you still have more than enough time to get organized and achieve official chapter status.

Ty is a great resource but is a man who wears many hats and is often on the road. He always responds but sometimes it takes a few days or longer. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as we are a new chapter and likely dealing with many of the issues you will be dealing with. I also recommend reaching out to the BHA chapters in neighboring states as they can be very helpful in navigating the process of approval.

Last edited:
I talked to ty a couple weeks ago and he said a chapter in Indiana is in the works right now.

Hey Illinois folks,

We've also got the first of many pint nights next week in Naperville, IL if you would like to come out. Details below:

OENxrC3h.png

We'll be having some more pint nights further downstate soon, too!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back