Yeti GOBOX Collection

SD elk draw

Nope.

Not enough time this year to mess with it. We will focus on it next year.

Plenty busy with a bunch of deer tags.

Just put in for preference points since I'll be hunting the 3rd rifle season in Colorado. I did apply for the second draw for both rifle and bow but chose not to use preference points so I'm not really thinking I'll have much of a chance since most 2nd draw tags still go to those who choose to burn points.

Just put in for preference points since I'll be hunting the 3rd rifle season in Colorado. I did apply for the second draw for both rifle and bow but chose not to use preference points so I'm not really thinking I'll have much of a chance since most 2nd draw tags still go to those who choose to burn points.

What happens if you draw them both?

Looking through draw stats at least 2 people over 10 pp drew cow tags. Wow.

no tags here. I know of 2 guys who drew bull tags but no idea how many points they had.

I noticed that they gave an option to see the preference point breakdown on the draw stats page. That is new, and pretty interesting.

Does anyone know if you can build preference points while you are on your time out?

Probably not, but I can't find where it says so.

Hey, Zach here from the western side of the state, first time posting to the forum. Been lurking for about 8 months. I drew an archery tag in the big unit and I had 15 points. My wife drew a rifle cow tag for the October season, she only had one point. Sorry you guys didn't draw, maybe next year, that's what I've been telling myself for a LONG time.

Last edited:
Nice job, Zach. Those are great tags. I am going back and forth on whether to use my point for a leftover archery cow tag.

Thanks, yeah I'm pretty excited for the fall to roll around. I went around and around whether or not to put my wife in for the cow tag or not. It would be a tough decision to use the points or not. But you'd be hunting elk and you wouldn't have to worry about that drawing for 9 years.

Thanks, yeah I'm pretty excited for the fall to roll around. I went around and around whether or not to put my wife in for the cow tag or not. It would be a tough decision to use the points or not. But you'd be hunting elk and you wouldn't have to worry about that drawing for 9 years.

Ya, between my wife and I we would have four years we could have a cow tag in a row. By then we would know enough to chase them out of state.

Decisions, decisions.

Well, we ended up applying for leftover archery tags without using points.

We will begin using our points to draw cow tags next year.

Really hope Wyoming releases draw results early. If my wife doesn't draw that tag we would use a point in the draw for rifle season.

That sucks, maybe next year. At least you still have your points. I'm hoping to get a tag in wy next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back