Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Kansas Unit 1 & 2

AuburnTiger

I recently leased 7,000 prime acres in Cheyenne County and Sherman County. This is a new long-term lease. Landowner does not hunt and has not allowed hunting for decades. Limited to 10 members. All members must live at least two hours away from St. Francis, KS. Habitat is a mix of brushy cover, pasture, grassland, and row crop. Republican River runs through much of it. Excellent mule deer, white-tailed deer, pheasant and turkey hunting. Membership includes year round use of a furnished farm house on the property.

A few more details. Dues are $5500 per member. Includes hunting rights, farm house lease, utilities, and liability insurance. This ground has excellent mule deer, white-tailed deer, pheasant and turkey populations. The owner has not allowed hunting since he bought it in the 70s, so there is a good crop of mature mule deer and white-tailed deer bucks. It is a working row crop and cattle farm that gets closely watched 24/7. Member annual quota is 1 buck and 1 doe. Limits for turkey, pheasant and quail as set by KS regulations.

It's a 25-hour drive from my home in GA but it's two hours from the Denver airport. Definitely going to fly.

If you have $5500 to spend, go for it. Kansas leases can be found much cheaper than this. This deal stinks like a dead carp to me.

Most members live far enough away that flying may be their best option. I am looking at leaving a beater truck at camp and just fly into Denver.

If you have $5500 to spend, go for it. Kansas leases can be found much cheaper than this. This deal stinks like a dead carp to me.

Cheap and quality seldom fit in the same sentence where hunting land is concerned. If cheap was goal, then we would blanket the 7,000 acres with 55 members at $1000 apiece. And voila. There you would have it; a cheap lease. But we are trying to balance quality and cost. For us, that balance is 10 members at $5500 each on 7,000 acres.

Here are photo albums from several of our farms.

EDITED BY BIG FIN

I'm just wondering why you would post your business of private property deer farm leases on a public land hunting forum.
I'm sure you ran it by Big Fin and got the OK, right?

One model of hunting that a certain demographic would love to see become more and more and more prevalent than it already is - everywhere. In fact some make their living off of it...............

P.S.

Wonder how many folks on here have lost a nice little pheasant or whitetail spot or two to the "leasors". This is America - can't begrudge the landowner who leases out nor the guy who shows up with the money.
Nonetheless, still don't have to like it..................

Last edited:
I'm just wondering why you would post your business of private property deer farm leases on a public land hunting forum.
I'm sure you ran it by Big Fin and got the OK, right?

Pretty simple actually. I wanted private ground to hunt in NW Kansas. I found it. I leased it out of my pocket. And I'm looking for a few guys to share it to help offset my expenses. Going to share the ground with 12 hunters so we all split expenses. If that approach violates forum rules, then please accept my apology.

Last edited:
One model of hunting that a certain demographic would love to see become more and more and more prevalent than it already is - everywhere.

Those of us who live East of the Mississippi River are not blessed to be surrounded by vast public lands. Most lands are privately owned where I grew up. Most lands are privately owned even in states where I choose to hunt. And most private landowners would rather lease the hunting rights than to let people hunt their land for free. I don't blame a landowner for recouping some of their expenses in this way. Good for them.

There aguys I know that can spend 5k on hunt with as little thought as going out dinner and there are some that some that can’t afford that saving for 10 years. I guess there is a place for everyone. That said coming from a guy that spends way to much time and money hunting places every year I think that the monetization of hunting is and will be our down fall.

I vividly recall a wildlife management class in the early 80s. The professor asked how we felt about the notion of wildlife for profit. I scoffed and said, "The day I have to pay to deer hunt is the day I sell all my guns." Needless to say, I ate those words. So for me, leasing ground is my solution for finding the balance between cost and quality hunting.

Back