Caribou Gear Tarp

Should I even bother?

Wapiti23

Hey everyone. This year I finally bit the bullet and got an Elk Combo tag for Montana and needless to say I am very excited to spend time in some of Gods best creations!!! This will be my first time hunting in Montana but have plenty of experience hunting elk. My question is for all of you is that should I even bother considering a wolf tag? I'm planning on hunting unit 314. Any info would be great.

Thanks to all and have a great day!

If I ever get to hunt that state, I would buy as many wolf tags as they would sell me. If you see one, they are in a pack. Lot of opportunity. Always, If you do not have a tag, they will be there. If you have a tag, not so much.

Enjoy your hunt!

One way to assure that you see a wolf, is to not buy a tag. If you don't buy a tag, at least have a camera with you so you can take pictures of all of the wolves you will see.

If you don't have one and the opportunity crosses your path you'll kick yourself in the a$$ for the rest of your life. May happen, maybe not, but Man O' Man ...what if it does ????

That's why I buy OTC turkey and bear tags when I archery hunt elk. It's a small investment to be able to shoot something you will probably run in to if you don't have a tag.

Tags aren't expensive and there are wolves in 314. Why not? As others have said, if you don't, you'll run into them for sure. 😀

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom! I didn't research the price at all and didn't realize they were so cheap. I guess I could turn this into a combo hunt after all. Again thank you for talking some sense into me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back