Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Plesantly surprised!

INJones

Put in the Wyoming pronghorn applications for myself and my son tonight. This will be our first DIY western trip for both of us and my son's first out of state trip. Stumbled on Randy's videos and got the bug.

It seems silly to me but I actually had butterflies putting in the applications!

The receipts from the applications are sitting on my office desk. The anticipation of the draw reminds me of the Christmas that I got my first shotgun. My parents wrapped the box way too early. I knew it was a shotgun in that long slender box. I must have sat by the tree for two weeks just looking at the box so excited because I knew I was getting something good.

After all the agonizing over draw data, public vs private land, public vs private roads, reviewing Hunt Talk posts, Go Hunt searches, calls to biologists and game wardens, watching Randy's Wyoming antelope videos and just being completely pre-occupied with the draw for about three months, I thought it would just be a relief to have the applications in.

I'm happy to find that hunting still surprises and excites me like some little kid waiting for Christmas!

Thanks to all who have responded to my posts and to Randy for providing the inspiration for us to give it go this year.

Scott

I hope you have a great trip with your son. I also put my application in for Wyoming but it is for myself and my dad, this will be the first time my dad hunts out west. Hunting out west is something I think about everyday and this year I am really looking forward to being there with my dad. Good luck to everyone this year.

Goat

Like a kid at Christmas. :D

My wife applied for Wyoming Deer. I am archery hunting SD which gives me plenty of land and numerous tags. Very excited to return to Wyoming this year if she draws. We spent nine days without seeing a building or paved road last year.

Good luck everyone.

Wyoming is on my list but it looks like 2019 or 2020 before I head that way. With limited hunting time I usually have my hunting trips planned a year or two in advance. 2018 is SD Mule deer. 2019 CO antelope and possibly try to pull a double and head N to WY and get another antelope. We hunted antelope in CO 2016 in CO and tagged out with a couple days to spare so we drove 40 miles to WY to do some scouting. We found a bunch of good antelope bucks.

Good luck on your draw, it will be a great trip. That antelope meat is awful but don't throw it out bring it back to Indiana with you and I will come pick it up and properly dispose of it for you!

My antelope apps have been in for quite a while now. Deer is in, but I may change it up still.

Good luck! I'll hopefully be headed back to WY for pronghorn next year. Possibly my favorite western hunt. I try my darndest to do that hunt every 2 years.

Good luck to all that put in the draws! Looks like it will just be points again for me in WY but I'm going to CO come September.

Good luck. Antelope hunting is a blast. Wyoming is God's gift to hunters. I'm sure you will not be disappointed about the trip.

Good luck in your draws. The waiting is brutal. I hope you guys have a great trip. You can't beat Wyoming pronghorn for a first western trip!

Good luck. The waiting is killing me as well. My dad and I have applications in, It would be my first time in the west. I'm more excited waiting on the draw than I have been hunting in Virginia in a while.

I had a change of heart. Instead of just sitting out I applied for a unit that I shouldn't draw thinking maybe there is a chance for the random side. I think its worth a shot. We will see.

17 years after my first Wyoming hunt and I still feel the same way. Can't wait until the draw gets posted. The Pizza Barn is calling me back!!!

Jones,
Are you planning on heading out there opening week or later in the season?

All, thanks for the kind words and I hope we all have a memorable season!

Now I got the idea I might try to pick up a leftover tag. Two Christmas gifts are always better than one!

We are working around my son's school vacation so are going the week of Oct 15. Drive out on the weekend, hunt the week and back hom on the weekend

We are working around my son's school vacation so are going the week of Oct 15. Drive out on the weekend, hunt the week and back hom on the weekend
I am hoping to be out there the last week of September/first week of October.

I am hoping to be out there the last week of September/first week of October.

I'm hoping to be out there during the same time period. My buddy and I were out there last year in early October and got hit by a blizzard the first day and a half. Fun times. You never know what kind of weather you will have to deal with.

My hunts with my son have, and always will be my favorites.
Hope you all have a great time.
Hunt with your kids as much as you can. Life is short.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back