Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming deer

Millsworks

Good luck to all that put into the deer draw for wyoming.
Deadline is coming fast, so you better throw your name in the hat soon if you wanna and haven't yet.

Won't be long now till we get the results.

Yup, exciting stuff for sure. My wife applied, but I will tag along if she draws.

Best of Luck to all for sure.
I'm in for both Antelope and Mule Deer in Carbon County - I'm hoping maybe someone with experience can help me out.. I'm from Cincinnati with zero western experience.

Antelope - is it as easy as everyone makes it seem? Glass, Stalk, Shoot em'.. hunt near water.. i'm in for Doe tags as well as buck and the doe tags (2) are both about 50-60% draw chance on each. I'm hoping i get at least one tag. Everything I watch and read makes it seem like antelope are everywhere you look.

Mule Deer - I'm in for unit 80/83 with about a 37% draw chance it looks like, Limited Entry. Not looking for anyone's secret spots, but this unit has flat BLM along with plenty of dense forest land, draws and brush country.. Season opens October 1st and i'm not sure what Mule Deer are up to that time of year and where they are likely hanging out? Seems like these units have a little of everything with about a 40-50% harvest rate so they have to be there somewhere.
If i don't get drawn i'll try again one day.

Does someone care to jump in and give a novice some general tips?

Thanks All.

If you draw you're in for a good time - guaranteed.
Yes there are a lot of antelope and if your goal is to get one, you should accomplish that no problem. Either practice shooting to be proficient to 300 or take a lot of bullets. I subscribe to a combination of those. Warning - good chance it'll be windy to very windy. Just be ready to skin or cool your antelope quickly. Amazing table fare.

That time of year buck deer should be holed up somewhere with a lot of hunters out and about. I'd try a high to low approach. Get your maps out and OnX, etc. and find some higher elevation spots then work lower if you don't find 'em. Not sure how the winter treated the deer out there. I was asking a few days ago about antelope winter kill and got really good advice.

Thanks bullets!
If I draw the mule deer tag I'll keep that in mind. Tons of roads up in the high country for this unit, I can't find a spot more than a mile from a trail or road. Could be bad or good, I've had lack of pressure bite me before.

I heard winter kill was harsh in the western half of the state. I'm not sure about other areas but it sounds like south-central got the usual dose of winter. I haven't looked in to 2017 tag #'s to see if any dropped. Best of luck if you're in the draw.

I will be hunting that area as well,Elk and mule deer. Wyo. has plenty of deer and antelope just about every where. harvested my first lope and mule deer the first time I went.

Best of Luck to all for sure.
I'm in for both Antelope and Mule Deer in Carbon County - I'm hoping maybe someone with experience can help me out.. I'm from Cincinnati with zero western experience.

Antelope - is it as easy as everyone makes it seem? Glass, Stalk, Shoot em'.. hunt near water.. i'm in for Doe tags as well as buck and the doe tags (2) are both about 50-60% draw chance on each. I'm hoping i get at least one tag. Everything I watch and read makes it seem like antelope are everywhere you look.

Mule Deer - I'm in for unit 80/83 with about a 37% draw chance it looks like, Limited Entry. Not looking for anyone's secret spots, but this unit has flat BLM along with plenty of dense forest land, draws and brush country.. Season opens October 1st and i'm not sure what Mule Deer are up to that time of year and where they are likely hanging out? Seems like these units have a little of everything with about a 40-50% harvest rate so they have to be there somewhere.
If i don't get drawn i'll try again one day.

Does someone care to jump in and give a novice some general tips?

Thanks All.

Im in for 80 deer also. Opted for the special price tag which theoretically gives us a better chance. Let me know how it goes. We should find out this week.

Im in for 80 deer also. Opted for the special price tag which theoretically gives us a better chance. Let me know how it goes. We should find out this week.

Will do, I saw someone else is in that draw as well with us. Hopefully for those that make it we can share info when we get out there or after. You should draw no problem in special draw! Good luck.

Are you in for any other tags?
If I only draw doe antelope and no mule deer I'm looking at getting leftover cow elk to make the drive worth it. Apparently that's a tough hunt though.

Will do, I saw someone else is in that draw as well with us. Hopefully for those that make it we can share info when we get out there or after. You should draw no problem in

Are you in for any other tags?
If I only draw doe antelope and no mule deer I'm looking at getting leftover cow elk to make the drive worth it. Apparently that's a tough hunt though.

GoHunt has our odds at 100% but that doesnt mean a slam dunk im sure. I put in for 52 type 2 antelope. Good idea on the cow elk tag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back