Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

cost of rebuild 302

AlaskaHunter

My 1993 F250 has 190K on it.

I only use it to tow my boat, haul sheetrock,etc.
and typically put 1-2k miles on it per year.

What would a complete 8-cylinder engine (302) rebuild cost (ballpark)?

10 years ago I was looking at the same thing for a 86 F150 with the 5.0. For my mechanic to pull the engine and rebuild it, including a more aggressive cam, bore .30 over, and better valves, it was $3k all done. To transplant a low mileage engine it was half that.

Buy a crate engine from Ford. Brand new, warranty, no worries. And I am assuming this cause GM has a fantastic crate engine selection. Ford must have similar offerings. No way I would rebuild an engine these days. (Except for numbers correct builds.) Buy new. mtmuley

Buy a crate engine from Ford. Brand new, warranty, no worries. And I am assuming this cause GM has a fantastic crate engine selection. Ford must have similar offerings. No way I would rebuild an engine these days. (Except for numbers correct builds.) Buy new. mtmuley

Thanks.

That makes sense, especially with the shop rate being very high in Alaska....I will look into that option.

That's about the most popular Ford engine around.
You outta be able to pick up a crate engine as mtmuley said. not your year, but maybe they have one for a 93 (or maybe a '91 works for your application). so many subtleties... Free shipping to interior Alaska would be amazing. I see no caveat 'to the lower 48' https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fme-302f8791/overview/make/ford

Parts are going to be readily available, look at summit racing for rebuild kits. It'll all depend on what condition your block and crank and heads are in... machine work is not cheap. If you go the rebuild route, make sure it's somebody who has a good reputation and is familiar with those engines. They should have rebuilt a dozen or more, these are so common.

You outta be able to find a solid used one from a salvage yard as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back