Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Delorme Inreach Explorer+

Hessticles

Want your opinions on this unit before I pull the trigger! Ill have a 1 month old at home while im on a 9 day backcountry hunt this year and would like to stay in touch!!

I have the explorer and it's great. If I were to purchase now I would look into the Garmin InReach units, since Garmin bought the technology from Delorme and presumably the Delorme units will be discontinued.

I love mine but wish I would've waited another year on it to see where Garmin takes it. It does work great and I love how I can Bluetooth pair it to my iPhone and use it with downloaded topo maps and my contact list. Using it this way also makes it more efficient to send messages IMHO.

I have the SE (no GPS built-in). Having used it a few times now, i wish I would have got the one with GPS, much easier to mark way points, doesn't need your phone to run, etc. If you're phone goes dead, you're SOL.

Thinking about getting the new Garmin Inreach Explorer+

Want your opinions on this unit before I pull the trigger! Ill have a 1 month old at home while im on a 9 day backcountry hunt this year and would like to stay in touch!!

I've had mine for a couple of years and like it because most areas I hunt do not have cell coverage.

I typically broadcast my location every 4 hours so my wife can see on a map where I am located...
that is a private Facebook post so only "trusted" folks know my secret hunting/fishing spots.

I pay $12 per month service fee which is reasonable for reliable 24/7 text messaging.

My longest hunt was 14 days, and no problem with battery longevity.

--Skeeter

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back