Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nevada Draw

Quite the weekend for me! On our way to east Yellowstone for the weekend, I proposed to my girlfriend last Thursday night (she said yes ) and on Friday we arrived in Cody. We were at a brewery having some pizza and beers when I mentioned to her that the NV draw results should be up any moment but that I had less then a 1% chance on everything BUT.....you still never know. The results come out, I go directly to unsuccessful and find my name. It shows unsuccessful for deer, antelope, ram and then goes to the next name. I think to myself "There is NO freaking way I screwed up on my Elk app and forgot it." So I go to successful and some how, some way, it shows my name with a 72L antlered elk tag next to it!!!!!!! Unbelievable!! I hunted the Jarbidge 2 years ago for mule deer and will be headed back this November for elk! I can't wait for the adventure!! Engaged to my best friend, drew a NV Elk tag, and spent the weekend in the Tetons, Yellowstone, and Bighorn Canyon country. Some of the best days of my life!

I'm glad some other hunttalkers drew some tags!! Hopefully there will be some write ups with pics from you guys this fall!! Good luck all! Enjoy the journey.
    Last edited by BlakeA; 05-30-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeA View Post
    Quite the weekend for me! On our way to east Yellowstone for the weekend, I proposed to my girlfriend last Thursday night (she said yes ) and on Friday we arrived in Cody. We were at a brewery having some pizza and beers when I mentioned to her that the NV draw results should be up any moment but that I had less then a 1% chance on everything BUT.....you still never know. The results come out, I go directly to unsuccessful and find my name. It shows unsuccessful for deer, antelope, ram and then goes to the next name. I think to myself "There is NO freaking way I screwed up on my Elk app and forgot it." So I go to successful and some how, some way, it shows my name with a 72L antlered elk tag next to it!!!!!!! Unbelievable!! I hunted the Jarbidge 2 years ago for mule deer and will be headed back this November for elk! I can't wait for the adventure!! Engaged to my best friend, drew a NV Elk tag, and spent the weekend in the Tetons, Yellowstone, and Bighorn Canyon country. Some of the best days of my life!

I'm glad some other hunttalkers drew some tags!! Hopefully there will be some write ups with pics from you guys this fall!! Good luck all! Enjoy the journey.
    Congrats my friend!
    FOR THE LOVE OF THE HUNT!

Scott

RIFLE SEASON
    • .300 WinMag
    • .308 Win
    • .22-250 Rem

ARCHERY SEASON
    • Matthews Monster w/ IQ Bowsight
    • CE PileDriver
    • Broadheads - Rage 2 Blade Hypodermic
    • Tru-Fire Hardcore Max Release

Drew a archery cow elk tag 113. Never hunted the area, never hunted in August and have only harvested a Javelina with a bow. So lots of first for me should be an exciting hunt. I can't wait to try my hand at big game with a bow. If anyone has any pointers on 113 I sure would appreciate it.

WOW BlakeA! You should buy some lottery tickets buddy....congrats!!! Jarbidge is amazing country, good luck. My daughter drew a deer tag (her 1st!) and I drew a cow AND bull tag. All in 161-164. It's going to be a fun season. Congrats to all and good hunting!

I got lucky and drew a mule deer tag the very first year applying! Really excited for October. I'll be heading to north central Nevada (6 series). I have to thank Mr Newberg, he's a big reason I decided to start applying for Nevada.

well guys,,just got back,,I got my sheep!!!hes 8 yrs old,at check-in Nevada g and f scored him at 151 2/8,,,,b and c at 150 5/8".im very pleased I got a representive nice mature sheep for that unit.Man was it hot 100+ every day.im getting him cut up now so I better get on it and will get some pics,and expand on the story a bit later.100% d I y ,,,from tag app to on your own hunt,to kill,to pack out,to butchering I feel content and confident.lucky yes, but ill take it.Ill get pics on here soon!!

Congrats, Dan. Glad you got a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by dan.kirkpatrick View Post
    well guys,,just got back,,I got my sheep!!!
    Congratulations Dan! I'm excited to see pictures and read the story.

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by dan.kirkpatrick View Post
    well guys,,just got back,,I got my sheep!!!hes 8 yrs old,at check-in Nevada g and f scored him at 151 2/8,,,,b and c at 150 5/8".im very pleased I got a representive nice mature sheep for that unit.Man was it hot 100+ every day.im getting him cut up now so I better get on it and will get some pics,and expand on the story a bit later.100% d I y ,,,from tag app to on your own hunt,to kill,to pack out,to butchering I feel content and confident.lucky yes, but ill take it.Ill get pics on here soon!!
    That's great news. Congrats, Dan.
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

11. Default

Awesome, congrats!

Congrats!! Looking forward to pics!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123