Nevada Draw

Congrats on the Cali big horn that is awesome. My wife and I both drew tags. Cow elk in 073 and my wife has some luck on her side with area 111 L Bull Elk rifle. Super excited about that one. A friend out ours also drew the 111 L too. The rest of the family was skunked though. Still will be a great season and can't wait for my wife's elk hunt in 111.

Some great tags drawn, congrats to all that drew...NV and UT are not my states to draw, but they do allow for some impressive point accumulations.

Some great hunts amongst the HT crowd!

I've gotta figure out what it is that has given me such fantastic luck in the NV tag draws.

Desert Bighorn in 162 and a buck antelope tag in 061 as a cherry in top.
Impressive draw there, Spitz.

Some great tags drawn, congrats to all that drew...NV and UT are not my states to draw, but they do allow for some impressive point accumulations.

That makes me wonder what kind of crazy bonus points do you guys have in NV?
I only have 12 for desert bighorn and 12 for mtn goat.

Points only for me this year. Trying to build them up. But, the Silver State and Dream Tag draws are coming up. Keeping fingers crossed.

They already drew for the Silver State Tags in the regular draw. Dream tags are still available. If you go look at the successful and unsuccessful, look for the "Successful Applicants By Hunt And Choice". It's kinda cool that real people actually draw these tags and its not a gimmick. Congrats to Dan and Spitz on their super tags and to everyone else who won't be eating tag soup!!

Quite the weekend for me! On our way to east Yellowstone for the weekend, I proposed to my girlfriend last Thursday night (she said yes :cool: ) and on Friday we arrived in Cody. We were at a brewery having some pizza and beers when I mentioned to her that the NV draw results should be up any moment but that I had less then a 1% chance on everything BUT.....you still never know. The results come out, I go directly to unsuccessful and find my name. It shows unsuccessful for deer, antelope, ram and then goes to the next name. I think to myself "There is NO freaking way I screwed up on my Elk app and forgot it." So I go to successful and some how, some way, it shows my name with a 72L antlered elk tag next to it!!!!!!! Unbelievable!! I hunted the Jarbidge 2 years ago for mule deer and will be headed back this November for elk! I can't wait for the adventure!! Engaged to my best friend, drew a NV Elk tag, and spent the weekend in the Tetons, Yellowstone, and Bighorn Canyon country. Some of the best days of my life!

I'm glad some other hunttalkers drew some tags!! Hopefully there will be some write ups with pics from you guys this fall!! Good luck all! Enjoy the journey.

Last edited:
Quite the weekend for me! On our way to east Yellowstone for the weekend, I proposed to my girlfriend last Thursday night (she said yes :cool: ) and on Friday we arrived in Cody. We were at a brewery having some pizza and beers when I mentioned to her that the NV draw results should be up any moment but that I had less then a 1% chance on everything BUT.....you still never know. The results come out, I go directly to unsuccessful and find my name. It shows unsuccessful for deer, antelope, ram and then goes to the next name. I think to myself "There is NO freaking way I screwed up on my Elk app and forgot it." So I go to successful and some how, some way, it shows my name with a 72L antlered elk tag next to it!!!!!!! Unbelievable!! I hunted the Jarbidge 2 years ago for mule deer and will be headed back this November for elk! I can't wait for the adventure!! Engaged to my best friend, drew a NV Elk tag, and spent the weekend in the Tetons, Yellowstone, and Bighorn Canyon country. Some of the best days of my life!

I'm glad some other hunttalkers drew some tags!! Hopefully there will be some write ups with pics from you guys this fall!! Good luck all! Enjoy the journey.

Congrats my friend!

Drew a archery cow elk tag 113. Never hunted the area, never hunted in August and have only harvested a Javelina with a bow. So lots of first for me should be an exciting hunt. I can't wait to try my hand at big game with a bow. If anyone has any pointers on 113 I sure would appreciate it.

WOW BlakeA! You should buy some lottery tickets buddy....congrats!!! Jarbidge is amazing country, good luck. My daughter drew a deer tag (her 1st!) and I drew a cow AND bull tag. All in 161-164. It's going to be a fun season. Congrats to all and good hunting!

I got lucky and drew a mule deer tag the very first year applying! Really excited for October. I'll be heading to north central Nevada (6 series). I have to thank Mr Newberg, he's a big reason I decided to start applying for Nevada.

well guys,,just got back,,I got my sheep!!!hes 8 yrs old,at check-in Nevada g and f scored him at 151 2/8,,,,b and c at 150 5/8".im very pleased I got a representive nice mature sheep for that unit.Man was it hot 100+ every day.im getting him cut up now so I better get on it and will get some pics,and expand on the story a bit later.100% d I y ,,,from tag app to on your own hunt,to kill,to pack out,to butchering I feel content and confident.lucky yes, but ill take it.Ill get pics on here soon!!

well guys,,just got back,,I got my sheep!!!hes 8 yrs old,at check-in Nevada g and f scored him at 151 2/8,,,,b and c at 150 5/8".im very pleased I got a representive nice mature sheep for that unit.Man was it hot 100+ every day.im getting him cut up now so I better get on it and will get some pics,and expand on the story a bit later.100% d I y ,,,from tag app to on your own hunt,to kill,to pack out,to butchering I feel content and confident.lucky yes, but ill take it.Ill get pics on here soon!!

That's great news. Congrats, Dan.

Back