Can an arrow go bad?

This was my best grouping today. Shot the reds first which all 3 missed, then the yellows which all 3 hit almost dead center at 60 yards in windy conditions. This is why I'm a little hesitant to change to the stiffer arrows now. I think with the smaller single pin sight coming in, it might help to tighten the group up more.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 136
If your arrow length is 29" with 100 g field tips and broad heads you are right on the line between a 400 spine and a 350 spine. I could not get my 400s to paper tune, so I tried 350s and got bullet holes. Tried broad head tuning the 350s, and I couldn't do it, but the 400s were dead on with my field points when I put the broad heads on. I shoot a 28 inch arrow at about 62 pounds. My draw length is 29". It can vary from company to company and even between production runs. In the end you have to be able to put the arrow in the kill zone, so go with what is working for you.

If your arrow length is 29" with 100 g field tips and broad heads you are right on the line between a 400 spine and a 350 spine. I could not get my 400s to paper tune, so I tried 350s and got bullet holes. Tried broad head tuning the 350s, and I couldn't do it, but the 400s were dead on with my field points when I put the broad heads on. I shoot a 28 inch arrow at about 62 pounds. My draw length is 29". It can vary from company to company and even between production runs. In the end you have to be able to put the arrow in the kill zone, so go with what is working for you.

I'll have to read up on that broadhead tuning you mention. Sounds very interesting. Thank you.

There was a pretty good sticky on broad head tuning on archery talk. I don't spend a lot of time ther as it tends to be a huge pissing match a lot of the time.

I shot for the first time today in almost a year. Had a new rest out on. Took 10 or 15 shots to get dialed in. Put 8 in a 4 inch circle at 40 yards. Thought I'd pack it back up for the day.

At 60 thats not a bad grouping at all. Even the "misses" aren't bad. At 60, it doesn't take much to hit a few inches off center. I always like a heavier arrow. My current set up is 430 grains.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back