PEAX Equipment

Pickup camper vs tow-behind for hunting

This is my rig. A pop up 4 season Outfitter. Has a furnace and all the amenities. Remote that raises it and power jacks for easy off the truck.

We have a slide in camper. We use it in the summer for camping. This year we are putting our topper on the truck for hunting season and going to use it. We plan on makeing a shelf against the front of the box to store gear bed rolls will lay under it and be able to roll up in mornings. We are thinking this will work but won't be comfy like a camper but mobile and still able to have room for extra gear and meat if we get lucky also got a cargo carrier for the hitch to put coolers on.

I have been looking at something like this for my first gen Tundra; but the price tag is steep. However, you get a roof top tent accessible from inside the bed, and still maintain all of your storage options in the covered truck bed. Also, you can leave it on full time, and it only weighs 320 pounds. Well made, etc. and the ability to get off the ground for sleeping, ease of setup, etc. is appealing. Pair that up with a swing away hitch rack for a big cooler/etc., and this could be a great hunting setup. Maybe they should do a OYOA version?

http://adventuretrailers.com/campers/toyota-habitat/

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back