MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anyone use G5 Striker Magnums for elk?

rlshunter

I'm looking for some honest feedback on using the Striker Magnums for elk. Did they fly well at long distances, durable, penetration, etc. I don't really care about how other broadheads perform as I've done my share of shooting others. I'm just curious if the Striker Magnums are any good.

I tried the regular stainless steel G5 and could not sharpen them to save my life. They flew pretty good, I am no sharp shooter. 4 inch groups at 30 yards were about the best I could get.

G5 strikers are my backup broadheads. I like them alot and they fly well. I like that they are replaceable blades and a solid ferule up front. That being said, I prefer the Slick Trick Magnums. Tried and true, they fly great and I like the 4-blade design better. Haven't shot an elk with them yet, but they have performed excellent on several deer. No complaints. I think you'll e fine with either.

I used the magnums for deer last year and missed two steep cliff shots. Found both arrows broken from hitting the rocks but broadheads were fine. The only difference was the top was flattened a little. Didn't want to use a new one so I used one of the shot ones the same day and had a complete pass through. I'm not sugar coating this at all I truly think these are some of the toughest and sharpest out of the box

I shot the strikers for 4 years and never had any problems. Make sure your bow is tuned correctly and they should fly fine. I recovered every animal I stuck and none required a major tracking job. Good luck!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back