Danner Grouse boots

Fatjake

Anyone have any insight on these.

I bought a pair a few years ago and haven't hardly used them, they aren't even broke in yet
Im a total novice to mountain hunting but am going to SW Colorado this fall for a backpack hunt

Im not going to be doing a ton of hiking 5ish miles a day, will these suit me well ?

Don't think "how can I make my hunting boots work for hiking", more like "what hiking boots/shoes will work for backpack hunting".

Yep. Only you can decide if they work. But whatever you do, don't expect your feet to be fine with boots you haven't broken in.

I bought a replacement pair of Danners last year to break them in for this season. I've got well over 100 miles in them and I don't consider them or my feet broken in yet.

Start hiking and you'll soon know.

I have a good friend that swears by Danner boots. I bought a pair of Danner Highground boots last year and used them on a pronghorn hunt and they worked great. I am going to use them on a CO elk hunt this September. I had a pair of Irish Setter previously and after 4 seasons of chasing game in the Rockies I had to retire them to "flat land" boots.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back