PEAX Equipment

How many guys bowhunt Antelope?

I've killed 3, all decent bucks, by sitting in a ground blind by a water hole. I've never tried decoys, but id think you'll have the best luck with that in the rut, mid to late September as opposed to August. Most guys I've seen decoying don't appear to do it very well. They just seem to move around too much and get the goats all spooky and stirred up. I would imagine most bigger bucks have gotten a little decoy-shy in the easy to access areas.

I used to think mid aigust decoying was pointless, then I deked this one in from 225 or so yards opening day last year. Ran right in.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 250
Thanks for the responses, and Nice buck Khunter!

I will attempting all methods, spot & stalk, decoy and sitting over waterholes, and enjoying every single minute of it, goats or no-goats.

Decoying during archery is the way to go. You might try 10 stalks with the decoy and 9 of them will fail but on the 10th one when he comes in you'll be hooked for good. Best part is they don't always come in numerical order, might be the 2nd or 3rd try that works! :) I've got an Arizona archery tag for Aug 11 and can't hardly wait.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back