Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Backdoor

Seems like they mail them as soon as the drawing happens... not when it gets posted. For instance I already have my wife's deer refund and my moose refund. I would guess elk will be there by June 1st.

Thanks. I should be fine if they send them soon.

cedahm / ElkStalker - I'm almost certain CPW has stated their system is changing to an electronic credit reimbursement system next year. I can't find my source for that but I swear I saw that. It could have been at one of the meetings I attended. These things don't change over night.

Found my source! http://cpw.state.co.us/cpwshop

CPW is in the process of transitioning to an upgraded licensing, pass, registration and reservation system. All customers will need to have an individual email address and password to apply for or purchase CPW products with the new system. Make sure your current contact information and email are up to date​ with us.

CPW’s integrated purchasing website will streamline and personalize the process ​​of enjoying Colorado’s wildlife and park resources, organizing all your activities under one online account. This new system integrates previous CPW systems including the campground reservations system, hunting reservations system, parks automated record-keeping systems, total licensing system, vehicle registration system, internet vehicle registration system, and electronic stores. The new website will be mobile-friendly for your on-the-go hunting and recreation requirements. ​

CPW’s new shopping website will be available in 2018.​

Paperless Applications Coming​​

CPW is also in the process of going paperless for all big game hunting license applications in 2018.

Looks like I am heading to the Colorado Rockies with the smoke pole in September!

Does the bear and pronghorn show up in the same place? If so have they done those draws yet. I saw one person post they drew a bear tag so was curious.

publichunter1 - Pronghorn has not been done yet. Bear was done about a week ago.

That's what it means - it's one thing that the CPW puts right there in plain english on the website :)

I really wish CO would proof up their functionality and end this backdoor mischief...lots of drama and potential disappointment built for nothing. I have some tinfoil-hat-leaning friends that are convinced the lengthy 'draw' process is when the department cuts deals with landowners and wealthy folks :)

I love WY in this regard: "We will release draw results at xx:xx on mm/dd/yyyy" - and they hit those targets within a minute.

/rant

Wyoming has a working "backdoor" for Elk and next month I'll know if it works for Antelope.

Looks like I'll be hunting above timberline this September! Got a 591 code showing.

Wyoming has a working "backdoor" for Elk and next month I'll know if it works for Antelope.

I thought they closed their door :) - but regardless - I still like their system better than ours. I personally think WY has the model point system - not perfect, but:

Want to have a mathematical chance every year even if you're just starting? "No problem".
Want to buy a hunting license first? "Feel free, we've got lots of grouse, but you don't have to".
Want to pay more for better odds if you're close to the tag, have the dough and are maybe a little impatient? "Go ahead, we can do that".
Want to opt out of the point system entirely (elk, deer, antelope) and just roll the dice every year? "OK".
Want official draw results in 20-40 days from application? "Check"
Want your refund back within days, in it's entirety, electronically? "Got it"

Honestly, the only thing about WY's drawing system I really don't like as a NR is Sheep (and soon, Moose) "preference" points that are required but categorically worthless for nearly everyone in their system. I realize there is some other mischief (i.e. the Wilderness access rule and Special/Regular splits among others), but the drawing system is solid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back