Caribou Gear

Meaningless , Random photo of the day .......... feel free to ad your own

My buddy's house after some strong storms came through Bristol VA today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-25-04-16-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-25-04-16-41.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 371
I hate wind storms, we had one here in my area of oregon a month and a half ago or so, and the next day when i went to deliver mail in the city where i work, just on my route i saw tree on a house , tree smash a sailboat , tree land on a caddy smash the roof and all 4 windows, the big evergreens and doug firs in the NW can wreak havoc in a good wind and cause mass damage

Last edited:
Nice day to work in the woods. Pups agree!

View attachment 71049
View attachment 71050

Jealous, wish I was in the woods , already been to DEQ for new tags , now sitting at jiffy lube getting an oil change and running a few errands, hope to head out an scout a clear cut this evening and just sit on a hillside and look at beauty of the woods and see if I can't glass up a critter of some sorts

Got out last evening for a walk and sit on some hillsides to glass and when I was getting up to move to another spot, turned to see that a Blacktail doe snuck in behind and was watching me while I was looking for them . Only have the iPhone 5 and she was 75yds so pic is grainy , you can see her head peeking over the crest of the road in center

IMG_5441.jpgIMG_5442.jpg

Last edited:
34524221752_5d56bd604b_c.jpg

Lots of westerns were made around this area.

Attachments

• P1020296.jpg
    P1020296.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 497
Brown bears are beautiful and scary all at the same time, even after growing up in Alaska i have never developed an interest or desire to hunt them. and whats not to like about a good western. i found this video this morning on youtube while sipping coffee. pretty amazing. shed hunter in the NW thought he found a dead head. WRONG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrpG-GhnWDk

Last edited:
It's a long story - but I ended up flying into ABQ and driving to a client in El Paso for a project go-live the other weekend. Gave me the chance to tick a life-list item and spend a day/night exploring Lincoln, NM and the surrounding area (I've been a Lincoln County War buff since I was a boy). There's a sign on the highway marking John Tunstall's death, but the actual site is 4 miles drive up the mountain and then 1/2 mile or so down a trail. Went up there in my trusty rental, had a local beer with his ghost and watched the sunset over Sierra Blanca before retiring to the Wortley hotel.

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 9.19.39 AM.jpg

It's a long story - but I ended up flying into ABQ and driving to a client in El Paso for a project go-live the other weekend. Gave me the chance to tick a life-list item and spend a day/night exploring Lincoln, NM and the surrounding area (I've been a Lincoln County War buff since I was a boy). There's a sign on the highway marking John Tunstall's death, but the actual site is 4 miles drive up the mountain and then 1/2 mile or so down a trail. Went up there in my trusty rental, had a local beer with his ghost and watched the sunset over Sierra Blanca before retiring to the Wortley hotel.

View attachment 71069

Cool picture, cedahm. Young Guns and Young Guns 2 are great movies.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back