Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Meaningless , Random photo of the day .......... feel free to ad your own

I also found this old grain drill - from a few years back.
View attachment 70975

fishing4sanity seeing that pic of a piece of old equipment, got me to thinking back to 2015 and my 1st Blacktail hunt I came across an old piece of logging equipment, which I've rarely shared the pics of , I couldnt resist the urge to climb around and explore it and take some selfies, and that's the one thing about hunting and hiking , once you enter the woods you just never know what your going to turn up

IMG_5405.jpg
IMG_5407.jpg
IMG_5406.jpg
IMG_5408.jpg

Out and about today , had some extra vacation time , so I got a new tattoo and took 10 days off to let it heal . As spring ends and summer begins, a lot of the farmers in my area plant this flower type plant in some of their fields. I've always thought it was a beautiful time of year, as for a short time, when you drive through the country you gets to see fields of red surrounded by bright greens. Just felt like sharing with everyone, not sure what other parts of the country look like right now , but this is a glimpse of the foothills of the Oregon coast range in late May where the Blacktails and Roosevelts roam . Please add a pic from where your at so I can have stuff to look at for the next 10 days of doing mostly nothing :cool:
View attachment 70954
Looks like crimson clover that has flowered. IIRC quite a bit of the seed for that comes from the PNW. I had a bit bloom in one of my food plots this year.

Hope the boys shoot a couple of deer out of that one this fall!

Spent some time behind bars last bear season in Coolidge, MT.

Attachments

• IMG_20160601_110434.jpg
    IMG_20160601_110434.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 512
Just because it snowed last week in Montana doesn't mean you can't grow fresh produce. I've been picking lettuce since March and chard and bok choy already. Top for cold frame is a used shower door from a remodel job.

0523170756.jpg

A father's paradox: He has gotten in trouble at daycare for doing this on the playground, yet after 2 years of diapers I am incredibly pleased when it occurs in my presence.

Attachments

• buddy.jpg
    buddy.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 517
Got a new iPhone and the Phoneskope deal - played with a little for the first time this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 500
ERSS that is quite the mtn peak, great pics, im headed out now to go up to the hills and scout some new clear cuts i found on google earth and see if there worth hunting Blacktails in this upcoming OCTOBER, peace out everybody , i will post a pic from the days adventure when i get home this evening

Last edited:
cullen chickens.jpg

My boy and a few of his pet chickens. We buy our chicken at the store since he made friends with em :)

Finally got boots on the ground today of a clear cut I had an idea where it was for a little over a year, but its an out of the way spot with no other areas to hunt close by, I used google earth to help find the road to where I can walk in from the gate, its an out of the way spot that cant be seen from any main road ,and i believe it could be a nice little spot with low pressure ,one of those kind of places we all like to call an over looked spot, and it did not disappoint. Safe to say I won't be sharing this info with my friends when Blacktail Season starts, lots of great high points and place to sit and glass to watch the tree line for Bucks ,this clear cut had stands of big timber and areas of reprod along the edges ,saw lots of deer and elk tracks, the girlfriend wanted to tag along and we had a good scout , we bumped a doe , 5 min upon arrival , ended the trip with some DQ
IMG_5430.jpg
IMG_5431.jpgIMG_5426.jpgView attachment 70999IMG_5427.jpg

Last edited:
Passed by some seasonal neighbors this AM walking the dogs.

0524170727.jpg

This osprey pair were trying to build a nest in the nearby power line 6 or 7 years ago. Our electric co-op put up this nesting platform and they have been coming back every year since.

IMG_0044.jpg
Thirsty youngsters! Surprised momma was still letting them drink that time of year.

Back