Here we go again

esracerx

The anti-hunters are at it again. A man was killed while hunting an elephant. Some of the comments on yahoo are absolutely disgusting. Now, the elephant thing isn't for me...but these guys that do pay big money to hunt the animals. That money goes towards the preservation of the animals. Provided this was an ethical type hunt, I have little problem with it. It's just not for me. Wouldn't mind going to Africa for something else though.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elephant-kills-big-game-hunter-094643001.html

"All my sympathy lies with the elephant...hope the pathetic hunter rots in Hell."

"So glad he was only 51! His days of harming animals is over."

"Yay! It is time to celebrate!!!"

those comments.... at least one guy had his head on straight and wouldn't you know it but his comment got all thumbs down. Even though it's the truth it must just be because it's what those clowns didn't want to hear

It's amazing to see how many people think 'leaving them alone' will be the best way to preserve elephants, al while claiming that it is 'humans' that have screwed it all up.

Leaving them alone means that there is less food for the locals. Not too big of a deal, maybe them dying off will help reduce the human population. Leaving the elephants alone means less money for the organizations that help preserve them. Less protectors yields more poachers, which yields mass population reductions, which gives us endangered species...again. Ok, so assuming that poachers leave them alone (horrible assumption by the way), the elephants would overpopulate their area, deplete their resources, and result in malnourished elephants that cannot defend themselves from predators, thus heavily impacting the population.

See, leaving them alone isn't a solution, but another problem. Yes, humans have greatly impacted animals all across this world. Setting up programs that help sustain populations (or even grow them) should be supported. If you want to remove trophy hunting from Africa, then come up with a program that brings in the necessary money to support a quality wildlife management program.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back