Yeti GOBOX Collection

Dang Elk!

BigHornRam

A couple years ago I thinned several lodgepole thickets on my place, leaving 15 to 20 percent of the bigger healthier trees. Still left a dense forest. This past year the local elk herd determined it to be the ideal place to rub.
0520171132.jpg
0520171128.jpg

Over 50 percent of the remaining trees have significant damage. Looks like an ideal place for a treestand this fall!

Man it looks like your in bad need of some help. Ill help you any way I can. HAHA

Don't tell the elk but in a couple years I'm going to have an abundance of character wood for log furniture projects like this.......

View attachment 70949
:)

I always like when people re-purpose stuff like that. I bought 5 acres, which is a lot in the suburbs of Chicago. Tore a house down and built a small house for myself county wouldnt let me build any bigger than 1,000 sf as another house is on the property). I'm mid 20's and its just me, so it works. I had a large hickory that had died recently. My neighbor had another that broke off 28 ft up in a storm. Rather than take it down she topped it. I asked if I could have it. I could as long as I left the stump...No problem. Talked to some of my customers, had it milled into floors for my house. Solid 3/4" hardwood throughout Cost a little more to do it. But I think I made up for it with the cool factor. Would have been a shame to turn it into firewood.20170414_225348.jpg

I always like when people re-purpose stuff like that. I bought 5 acres, which is a lot in the suburbs of Chicago. Tore a house down and built a small house for myself county wouldnt let me build any bigger than 1,000 sf as another house is on the property). I'm mid 20's and its just me, so it works. I had a large hickory that had died recently. My neighbor had another that broke off 28 ft up in a storm. Rather than take it down she topped it. I asked if I could have it. I could as long as I left the stump...No problem. Talked to some of my customers, had it milled into floors for my house. Solid 3/4" hardwood throughout Cost a little more to do it. But I think I made up for it with the cool factor. Would have been a shame to turn it into firewood.View attachment 70952
Very nice floor. I'm a fan of repurposed building materials as well. About the only reality show I can stand is Barnwood Builders. A little hokie, but they make some cool looking projects.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back