Yeti GOBOX Collection

Best Fishing Trips in the US/Canada

Halibut, rock fish, cod, ling, salmon, all in a typical day..kodiak island. All good eating fish too. I would like to do a boundary waters trip though.

https://www.twentyfourviicharters.com/

We went to Lake Michigan, in Wisconsin, real close to Chicago last summer. Did a trip with Capt. Frank, caught a bunch of Salmon, and took in a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Fun trip and Frank was an awesome guy that works his tail off to keep the boat on fish. We were there in August for Kings.

Understand what this thread is getting at but honestly some of the best trips I've had r just going out nto the local lake (Medina) running trotlines n catfishing w my grandson. Boat in the shop now but hopefully have some good pics for y'all soon!!! Ain't much like pulling up a trotline or jugline w a big ole blue or flathead on n seeing that little man light up!!!!

I have been fortunate enough to fish in a lot of places both remote and close to home. Although the ones that are remote and are hard to get to have a special memory I often find myself thinking about fishing a small pond while in high school with friends and having a fish fry afterwards or our annual family trips to Canada or our weekend trips to the Mississippi River as a kid.

For fishing trips that I have planned I will get to go to Canada this year and will fish often on the Mississippi and area rivers. In the next couple of years I am planning a trip to Alaska, but I would like to go after Pike and Shefish in NW Alaska. I am also interested in a trip to the Sutton River in Ontario for Brooke Trout. One of my life goals is to fish or hunt in all 50 states.

Trout fishing in Colorado. Lots of amazing lakes and streams in wilderness areas where it's more catching than fishing and you have it to yourself.

I've done a lot of fishing around the country, and hands down Colorado has the worse fishing available of anyplace I have been. Now, or course the old saying hold true, the worst day fishing beats the best day working.

Venice Louisiana, Redfish/Speckled Trout/Yellowfin Tuna/Largemouth Bass/Marlin/Crappie/Red Snapper/Catfish/ Sharks,,and a bunch of other species,,basically a slamfest for anything that swims in the Mississippi River or Gulf of Mexico.

Will have to put that one on my list.

I've done a bunch of fishing trips and none of them have knocked my socks off. The first time we went to Lake Powell was incredible (walleye, striper, smallmouth, largemouth, catfish) - the next two times was not so good.

Big Canon Lake Lodge out of Vermillion Bay, Ontario is by far one of the best trips I've ever taken, planning to go back next June. Out of this world small mouth and walleye fishing, you also have the option of going to one of their managed trophy lakes for musky. We also frequent Table Rock, MO for more than the bass, spend your day bass fishing but save some strength for bow fishing at night. The carp are numerous there and it's a blast. We also save a few days on the Table rock trip for trout fishing on Taneycomo and if you want, the drive is worth it to go to Beaver lake Arkansas for stripers.

Last edited:
If you wanna get some diversity, the French Broad in WNC is pretty awesome. Start up at the headwaters for Trout, floating it will put you on some of the best Small Mouth Fishing there is, and you may get on a musky or 2!

I the top of my bucket list for Flyfishing trips in the US and Canada are:

1: Midnight sun Pike adventures, flyfishing for Pike on the Yukon River system in AK

2. Steelhead fishing the Skeena system in BC with swung dry flies

3. Watch the link..... 'Nuff said. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgcPMpAhJww

4. Big Redfish on a Fly... (have friends in Houston who say they can make that happen... might have to do that)

5. Tarpon in the Keys

For conventional fishing...

1. Tuna, It would be way fun to hit a nice tuna; yellowfin in the gulf states?

2. Sight fishing for Cobia off rays in Florida

3. Striped Bass surf fishing around Montauk

If Mexico became an option!!!
1. Remote lake Largemouth fishing in Mexico (big bass paradise!!

2. Surf/sight fishing for Roosterfish in Baja (fly and/or conventional)

Also, if you want to mix in a hunt along with a fishing trip, do the North Dakota surf and turf. Early season goose in the a.m. and fish your face off in the afternoon for walleye on lake sak!

BWCA is my # 1 for sure! Canoeing/camping...huge smallmouths, walleye, pike, etc. Tough to beat the fishing and the scenery....(tip...take lots of leeches!)

Guys, this thread has turned out great. Tons of cool/new ideas here. From my perspective I believe I can help any anyone looking to get out with a guide or looking at a DIY inshore trip around Charleston Harbor (SC). Shoot me a message if anyone is prospecting in that area.

Guys, this thread has turned out great. Tons of cool/new ideas here. From my perspective I believe I can help any anyone looking to get out with a guide or looking at a DIY inshore trip around Charleston Harbor (SC). Shoot me a message if anyone is prospecting in that area.

You've got to be kidding me, I went on a trip out of Charleston last week. The trip ended up being different that I envisioned but it ended up being ok for the group that I was with. Lots of sharks and no redfish...

My all time favorite has to be chasing summer steelhead. Too many fun trips with my buddy for it not to be #1. A close second though is a tuna trip off the Washington coast. If I was going to plan a trip with friends I would look real hard at a tuna trip.

You've got to be kidding me, I went on a trip out of Charleston last week. The trip ended up being different that I envisioned but it ended up being ok for the group that I was with. Lots of sharks and no redfish...

My all time favorite has to be chasing summer steelhead. Too many fun trips with my buddy for it not to be #1. A close second though is a tuna trip off the Washington coast. If I was going to plan a trip with friends I would look real hard at a tuna trip.

No kidding. Just bending the rod is all it takes sometimes. I try to fish there once/year if I can. Off shore can be fun but covering 60+ miles on a 35' center console in rough water to get to the gulf can be eventful in rough waters. If you ever decide to make the trip again let me know and I'll try to help with any location/guide questions you have. Not an expert by any means, but I've had some pretty good trips out that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back