Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best Fishing Trips in the US/Canada

NC2CO

I am looking for some ideas here (long weekend trip with a few buddies) and thought that in the process, maybe this thread could become a go-to for anyone else looking for recommendations/referrals if it gets some traction...

A few of my most enjoyable fishing trips...

- Gulf Stream trip out of Charleston, SC
- Northern Fishing in Saskatchewan
- Table Rock Lake, MO Bass fishing trip
- Inshore fishing (reds/trout) out of Charleston, SC

Last edited:
Trout fishing in Colorado. Lots of amazing lakes and streams in wilderness areas where it's more catching than fishing and you have it to yourself.

float the buffalo river in arkansas, can do a day trip or float the whole thing and make a 10 day adventure. The best float is probably the last 24 miles of it through the lower buffalo wilderness.

Most fishing does not rise to the level of adventure (unless you combine small boats with large drinks). The above Buffalo float does though, it's gorgeous. And a pack trip to catch brookies at tree line would fill the bill of a real adventure. 5 llamas, cast iron skillet, 5# of butter, sweet corn, and black cherries, now that's roughing it.
IMG_4508 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

DSC04549 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

My favorite has to be the Thorofare River bordering Yellowstone National Park and Bridger-Teton National Wilderness. A 2 day ride in though well worth the trek!

Some of the best fishing trips I have had has been off the coast of Florida and the keys. Gulf stream runs really close to Miami and a January trip to catch the sailfish run is amazing. Northwest Ontario walleye/pike trip is a great time (great for a group of guys for 5 to 7 days). I have a buddy that owns a condo on Table Rock (emerald point); beautiful lake but the fishing sucks 99% of the time. Plenty of waverunners and ski boats if that's your thing.

Gulf Stream trip in Florida was my favorite.Thinking of taking my boys on Lake Erie for a walleye charter soon.Some good salmon trips on Lake Ontario as well.Of course Alaska is a must do for any fishermen

Understand what this thread is getting at but honestly some of the best trips I've had r just going out nto the local lake (Medina) running trotlines n catfishing w my grandson. Boat in the shop now but hopefully have some good pics for y'all soon!!! Ain't much like pulling up a trotline or jugline w a big ole blue or flathead on n seeing that little man light up!!!!

A week paddling the BWCA Wilderness and Quetico is a very fun trip. Fly-in fishing in NW Ontario is a blast as well, if you don't like canoes. I like to look for trips that are multi-species so that if I get bored catching something I can switch it up.

I spent a few days recently fishing the inshore areas of around Ft Myers Beach. I mostly fished from the beaches but took a kayak out one day as well. That was the most fun I've had fishing in long time!

Two that are at the top of my wish list are a canoe trip in the Boundary Waters and a pack raft trip on the North Fork of the Flathead in Montana.

Venice Louisiana, Redfish/Speckled Trout/Yellowfin Tuna/Largemouth Bass/Marlin/Crappie/Red Snapper/Catfish/ Sharks,,and a bunch of other species,,basically a slamfest for anything that swims in the Mississippi River or Gulf of Mexico.

Back