PEAX Equipment

Best Fishing Trips in the US/Canada

I fished all over the country. By far Venice or Grand Isle LA area would be on the top of my list. Spend one day offshore. Plus all the food is awesome.
Make sure you bring some big coolers for all the fish you take home.

You never know what you will catch. Last time I was there I had a tarpon take a trout I was reeling in I didn't land it but what a surprise.

Like Buzz said AK halibut would be at the top of my list but it would require flying in for the weekend.

Peacock Bass in the Amazon Basin.

Chandelier Island, La multiple night trip from mother ship out of Biloxi, MS

Not a trophy hotspot but the white mountains in new hampshire sure are great. Yes there are some trophy streams that rival bigger names in canada, maine and vermont, but for me and my family it great. See a stream, pull off, cast a line catch a fish. It doesn't get any better.

Yellowstones many rivers is hard to beat as well.

Third for me would but any canal along alligator alley in south florida. Large mouth galore and even some peacock bass in spots. I guess I dig convenience.

Gulf of Alaska combo trip, bottom fish and salmon, mid to late July. I've fished a lot of places, and nothing compares to the trips I've done in the Gulf.

Attachments

• DSC_1600.jpg
    DSC_1600.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 126
I live in pretty good fishing territory in Minnesota, but it is hard to beat a remote NW Ontario or Manitoba lake for walleyes and pike. MMMMmmmm. I can almost smell those walleyes frying up for shore lunch just thinking about it!

If you want more fight, then northern Minnesota muskie fishing can be world class. There are some big fishing being caught consistently (50 inches +).

I live in pretty good fishing territory in Minnesota, but it is hard to beat a remote NW Ontario or Manitoba lake for walleyes and pike. MMMMmmmm. I can almost smell those walleyes frying up for shore lunch just thinking about it!

If you want more fight, then northern Minnesota muskie fishing can be world class. There are some big fishing being caught consistently (50 inches +).

I will second this, we did a Canada trip last summer. I can't wait to get back up there. Here's a little video of our trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Hm7rJDxZw

I really want to go to northern Saskatchewan and fly fish for lake trout when they are in the shallows in the fall. If that didn't conflict with archery elk hunting my trip would already be booked.

Last edited:
I will second this, we did a Canada trip last summer. I can't wait to get back up there. Here's a little video of our trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Hm7rJDxZw

I really want to go to northern Saskatchewan and fly fish for lake trout when they are in the shallows in the fall. If that didn't conflict with archery elk hunting my trip would already be booked.

AWESOME VIDEO. Very cool footage. Looks like a great trip.

The BWCA is heaven. Lived up there for 2 summers, visited for 10. it is so unknown to so many people.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back