Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What did I get myself into?

gman1

I bought a new scope for my xbolt , a 3x15x50 without thinking about the higher Talley rings I need to put on because of the 50mm objective. I have not mounted the scope yet but my question for the group is this:

Am I going to have to adjust my sight pattern a lot with the higher scope? Nothing like planning ahead before I bought the scope!!

At times I think this old hunter should have stayed with the old scope and not tried to go high tech!!

Thanks again for all the help the members have given to me in the past and I am not sure I want to read the responses :eek:

Gman

Call Talley & I bet you have proper set in mail that day.....I would try med. to keep it low.
I went thru same thing & wound up with 1" back offsets in med. to get right eye/scope line up. They sent me the new bases before I sent the 1st low center mount back.

Medium were too low and thought I was stuck with the high set. I didn't know about the offset option?

Hopefully the height of scope will not be an issue! Gunsmith has the gun and scope
gman

I may be missing something here, but changing from (say) a 40 mm to a 50 mm scope would require that the big scope be mounted 5mm (about 1/4 inch) higher than the small one. You must be a better shot than me if you notice the difference.

I have three set ups, two with 56mm objective and one with 42mm. To be honest I don't notice the difference I just shoot them. I prefer to shoot the one with the 42mm on but I think that is more down to the rifle than head position on the scope.
I think you may be over complicating things, I would not worry get it zeroed and go and shoot it.

Hank4, do you mean extended front?...to allow more pullback?
Yes, it is offset 1" & can be used to set scope forward or back an inch. I needed my Conquest to be farther back & it worked perfect on my 700.3.5x14x44mm. Med. height.
Adding a Simms pad on my MZ moved it forward with room for eye relief.3x9x40mm

Yes, it is offset 1" & can be used to set scope forward or back an inch. I needed my Conquest to be farther back & it worked perfect on my 700.3.5x14x44mm. Med. height.
Adding a Simms pad on my MZ moved it forward with room for eye relief.3x9x40mm
002.JPG
I placed the rear base pointed forward to keep even hold on scope. It looks better than both towards back too,to me.
I had Leupold base with a 50 mm Leupold scope before and I had just enough room to get a oiled rag under bell & get it far enough back.The high cheek plate of the Hogue stock helps.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back