Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Iowa nonresident

I bought my point this year.

I drew last year so need to build at least one point for the area that I apply in. (muzzleloader).

I'm strongly considering getting a point this year as I'd like to hunt there someday. Lack of knowledge of units and access have kept me from doing so in the past.

Just a point for me this year..That'll put me at 3. I may try to draw and archery tag next year.

I'm strongly considering getting a point this year as I'd like to hunt there someday. Lack of knowledge of units and access have kept me from doing so in the past.

I am originally from northwest Indiana and have lived in Iowa for the last 10 years, There is definitely good info on access take a look at, https://programs.iowadnr.gov/maps/m/huntingatlas/index.html it is pretty good and has public overlaid on satellite imagery. I would encourage you to go archery as the public areas in my opinion do not give a good impression of Iowa whitetail hunting during the short, high pressure gun seasons. Due to season structure most Iowa gun hunters party hunt (anyone can fill tags as long as the group has valid tags) and do so by doing large deer drives. I was surprised by this when i moved here during the first season as i was more accustomed to Indiana stand hunting and wasn't familiar with the party system.

I'm in for point number one, see you in 2019, hopefully.

I am originally from northwest Indiana and have lived in Iowa for the last 10 years

IABoilermaker, expect a fellow Boilermaker to be hitting you up for some advice down the road.

I have private access to a 365 acre farm there along the Mississippi River.I'm just to into my elk hunting right now.

In S. Central Iowa there are some decent public hunting spots. Some small some larger. I second, that shotgun season is pretty busy. I would recommend archery season, less pressure and can hunt in the thick of the rut. If anyone as has any question as to how or where please feel free to ask.

Point for me. drew last year hunted a small pic of public land got to Iowa on November 9th. first time I was on this ground hunt was over in 6 hours saw 9 bucks 4 doe got 10pt that scored 142. saw 5 bigger than the one I shoot I will be back in few years.

Back