Where to Find Archery Info

Wisco

Hey guys,

I've been shooting archery for 7 years now and know the basics just fine. But I'm looking to up my game now and learn some of the more intermediate/advanced tricks of the trade, tuning, building a good arrow, etc... Anyone have a good source for where they learned their stuff? Youtube channel, books, website? I've seen Archery Talk and it's okay but I'm hoping for something more. Any direction would be great.

Thanks!

Check out the Gritty Bowman Podcast. If you go through their archives you'll find episodes on building arrows, shot technique, basic tuning for bows . . . . Western bow hunting focused, so if you like this forum, you'll enjoy.

That's funny you mention Gritty Bowman, that's what peaked my interest into learning more than the basics I've lived by. It's been great for giving me general ideas of what to try to learn about, but I like videos and things I can follow along with step-by-step so the podcast is a little tough for that. I'll check out that forum for sure though!

Sounds like you're at the point where you need to make some good friends at an archery shop who are willing to go over stuff with you. Another thing that has helped me with the little bit that I know is just question specific Youtube video searches. Good luck.

There is a YouTube channel called Bow Tuning Tips, I think. I found a lot of that information to be very helpful, especially as I transitioned to doing most of my own bow work.

Back