winter storm coming

wytex

Major winter storm coming to SE Wyoming. Snow total amounts anywhere from 8-15 inches in Laramie is the range I've seen forecast. Feet of snow for the mountains, Snowy Range and Laramie Range, Sierra Madres also.
Travel will be impacted on I-80.
Good thing the fawns and elk calves have not hit the ground yet. Cattle could be an issue. It will be a heavy hitter but hopefully move out pretty quick. Temps rebound by Saturday. Should help the range and hopefully be our last BIG, wet snow this spring.
My back aches already, we live on a corner lot.

Damn, It is 90 degrees here. Got to be tough to live in those northern states. Respect. Stay safe.

If we get a late storm like this one, we just welcome the moisture.

Semi desert in New Mexico!

Yeah I'm in Fort Collins. I'm hoping to get a little because my boys want to see some more but nothing like that. Hopefully it won't hit so hard.

Snowing in Rock Springs at the moment. I have seen it snow at least one day every month except August during my time in Wyoming.

It's raining pretty good here in Billings. Weatherman is predicting 2 feet of snow in the Beartooths (south - southwest of Billings).

Billings already has (almost) 8.55 inches of rain this year. I like it, I have not had to turn on my sprinkler system to water my lawn. :)

You must live on the other side of town! Ive had to water a few times. I did manage to toss some weed and feed on last night though just in time for this.

central NM got a bit yesterday/last night. I hiked up to 9,000 feet today and there was good snow coverage at high elevations, patchy snow down to 8,000 feet. I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow.
Yeah, we like the moisture.
Hopefully it rolls out of your area pretty quick.

Same here in the west central highlands.Light pellet snow & rain. It all but put out a 300ac fire. More on way tomorrow.
Greening up nice between snow showers. Way different than last 8 yrs.

7 inches so far this morning and starting again here in Laramie. Looks like it will be a good one. Will try to get out to check irrigation this weekend and see how the animals fared.
Roads are closed. Big pot of mixed game chili going on while we still have power.

Ended up with about 8" of snow south of Wise River. The irrigation systems can make it another week or two before getting started.
Of course, the winter storm brought a calf for us too.

Attachments

• IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 205
Your winter storm is going to power some tornado/hail/extreme wind events later this afternoon and evening across my region according to the forecasters.

Basement getting a few extra flashlights, and all the computers are tucked away securely.

Your winter storm is going to power some tornado/hail/extreme wind events later this afternoon and evening across my region according to the forecasters.

Basement getting a few extra flashlights, and all the computers are tucked away securely.

I'm in SW MO for work right now, watching the weather closely.

A couple inches of snow back home in CO.

Snowed all day here heavily and was still going before it got dark. Probably 1.5 ft has fell here but have had about 8-10 inches on the ground all afternoon as the temp has only been around 34.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back