Conquest HD 5 3x15x50 zplex

gman1

With my new Zeiss scope which I think I am really going to like I have a few questions for the members:

I am not a long range shooter as the eyes on this old timer are not what they used to be. Should I set the parallax adjustment to infinity and call it good? The longest shot I would take would be 200 to 250 yards out of respect for the animal?

In shooting uphill or downhill would I always aim slightly lower in both instance's?

In focusing I think I set the zoom all the way to 15 and adjust the focus at that power? Would the focus then be good for lower zoom settings?

Hopefully these questions do not show my ignorance too much and I have always appreciated the help the members have given to me in the past! This 70 year old hunter is still learning and hope to make the fall hunt a good one.
God bless

Gman

Go to the Zeiss website & check the ballistic data page.Enter your load/rifle/model data & it will tell you what to set the power for use of the system.
I have similar Conquest on a -06 zeroed @ 200. Comfortable out to 400 now.
As for ranging distances @ incline/decline I use a rangefinder. I use a rangefinder past my guesstimates around 100-200 yrds with the rifle.

No I wouldn't set parallax at infinity just a happy medium of where you will be shooting. On Parallax lets say at your 100 yard zero you adjust until the target and the reticle are both in focus. Yes, slightly lower uphill or downhill but at the distances you 250 yards in they would have to be pretty extreme to make a difference. Not sure where you are hunting and what you may encounter as far as grade.

I do know there are a full set on instructions that will address a lot of these questions as well when you get your new scope. Always fun to get new glass.https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/SportsOptics/usa/pdf/CONQUEST%20HD5%20ZF_2005-107_02.2013.pdf

Last edited:
Parallax on my HD5 was very easy to adjust on the left side of the scope. No reason to leave it fixed if you need to change it. That said, at 10x and below it shouldn't make much difference if you just leave it set for 200 or so. While hunting, I leave my scopes set wide open, with both parallax and turret zero dialed to about 250 yds for a max point blank range out to 300 or so. I almost never have to change it unless I want to zoom.

Back