Antelope Hunting NM Unit 18 McDaniel Ranch

Tewa06

Has anyone hunted this Ranch for antelope? My wife and I drew tags for Oct. 7-9 rifle hunt. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Might be a long shot since there aren't many tags available. What town is it near to? I can ask a few local buddies who may know something to pass along.

When your hunt packet arrives, call the land owner or ranch hand.
I've had great success by calling them and just chatting.

They can give you the best information on antelope population, recent hunt success, and more.
Also ask if you can go out early and scout, or if they would mind showing you around the ranch, etc.

I've talked to a few of the ranch owners now and they all appreciate it when someone calls and talks to them.
It's easier to establish a relationship verse just randomly showing up to hunt.

Last edited:
I've tried calling the number I was given and haven't had any luck reaching the contact person. Thanks for the advice.

I've tried calling the number I was given and haven't had any luck reaching the contact person. Thanks for the advice.

Im sure you did, but leave a voicemail....
Some of those guys check their phone once every few days and won't call back a random number haha.

I'd also verify the number in your packet with the numbers posted online on the A plus list.

Im sure you did, but leave a voicemail....
Some of those guys check their phone once every few days and won't call back a random number haha.

I'd also verify the number in your packet with the numbers posted online on the A plus list.
Call the G&F office & get the contact # or notify them of problem contacting contact person. Leave a message.Call after dinner time.Most NM ranchers are gone all day or for days. Phone service also sucks in NM......

The guys are giving good advice. I doubt any rancher would be home by 6 and gone by 6 in the morning. Good life, but they work at it.

Thank all. I would leave a message for the person but the VM option has not "been set up" on the phone. I'll keep trying.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kallcarrty
Back